• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:04 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SuperMoto Track Building

Started by bearded4glory, March 12, 2016, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded4glory

How do we go about creating the asphalt sections?  Should these be modeled or still using the heightmap?

Anything else specific to supermoto I need to know?

bearded4glory

If someone could check out my files here and try to help me figure out why it crashes after "Connected..." I would really appreciate it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?6qnofl2yngganik

MUD

I found the problems

The problem files should read as follows

track.hmf
samples_x = 2049
samples_z = 2049

data = heightmap.raw

size_x = 437.388
size_z = 437.388
scale = 90

num_layers = 1
layer0
{
map = maps/dirt.tga
repetitions = 50
}

track.tht
samples_x = 2049
samples_z = 2049

data = heightmap.raw

size_x = 437.388
size_z = 437.388
scale = 90

num_material_layers = 1

material_layer0
{
material = soil
}

trh.bat
terrained.exe track.tht Infineon/Infineon.trh trh_params.ini

Also Infineon.tcl needs to be in the final folder
and you need to close the Track Center Line

Some times it won't close, so you need to add an extra final curved segment that ends near the first straight segment and hit close. If you zoom in, you can clearly see this.

Save the centerline
Merge the centerline
Add all the Race Definition info
Save the .RDF

and finally save the .TRH

That should at least get the track in game.

As far as the Asphalt, I'll look into, was kinda' wonderin' about it myself too.

You can also put both .bat into a single .bat file, on separate lines for simpler compiling.

Mace-x

MUD

I just tested it out and the asphalt works as a layer in the .tht file, the other hard surfaces might work too.

RiccoChicco

Asphalt sections are modelled. You need to export it as .edf and then add it to your heightmap generated track.

Don't forget to name objects supposed to be asphalt in your 3D scene before export, using for example TRKASPH prefix for every asphalt objects.

bearded4glory

March 13, 2016, 05:30:21 PM #6 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:35:05 AM by bearded4glory
Thanks all, hopefully I can make some progress on it today.

How dense should the asphalt mesh be?  Anyone have an example?  I don't want to go too crazy.

ETA:
Anyone know why all my objects would look blue?  The textures are there but it has a blue cast over the whole object for some reason.  Also, with just my track geometry and curbs its taking like 1/2 hour to generate the map.bat.  That seems like a really long time when I have a lot of stuff to add and that was with shadow volumes off.

Here is a screenshot from in game:

And here is my texture:

Mace-x

Niiiice! put normal maps on that tarmac!  :)
Cant wait for the track man!

bearded4glory

March 14, 2016, 11:33:47 PM #8 Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:00:25 AM by bearded4glory
Quote from: Mace-x on March 14, 2016, 08:53:33 PM
Niiiice! put normal maps on that tarmac!  :)
Cant wait for the track man!

Any idea why it is so blue?  There are some faces that are normal I think maybe the ones getting direct sunlight but its like the rest of it thinks it is in shadow or something.

ETA:
Ok, so somehow my sun in coming up from the bottom.  Should I just multiply the numbers out or something to get it higher?  Seems strange.

Can't seem to get the normal map on my object working(never have been able to).  Do I need to create the SHD or is that only for terrain textures?  Do I put my normal in the bump slot of the material before exporting?

Here is a screenshot showing the sun direction issue:

Mace-x

Sadly  cant really help  :'( , havent messed around with objects in track yet, hopefully you can get it sorted out.
Check the faces orientation, might be that.

Anyone that know the issues here?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Not sure on the sun direction thing, I think mace is right with the faces orientation but can't be more specific.

As for normal maps, Yes do them the same as for terrain. Make a .SHD file and normals in the same folder as your textures after exporting to FBX, then run it through FBX2EDF with recalculate normals.

bearded4glory

Quote from: TheFatController on March 15, 2016, 09:01:01 AM
Not sure on the sun direction thing, I think mace is right with the faces orientation but can't be more specific.

As for normal maps, Yes do them the same as for terrain. Make a .SHD file and normals in the same folder as your textures after exporting to FBX, then run it through FBX2EDF with recalculate normals.

Thanks for the reply.  That seems to work and also seems to fix the shading issues.  Fingers crossed.

tseklias

Quote from: bearded4glory on March 13, 2016, 05:30:21 PM
How dense should the asphalt mesh be?  Anyone have an example?  I don't want to go too crazy.

I think if you ask "Hawk" from Gpb forum he will help you with this. If i remember clearly i read somewhere something on the mesh he wrote on a topic discussing the build of his tracks.
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?action=profile;u=320

Snappe

Quote from: bearded4glory on March 14, 2016, 11:33:47 PM
Ok, so somehow my sun in coming up from the bottom.

Are you exporting from Blender, perchance?

bearded4glory

Quote from: Snappe on March 15, 2016, 06:26:41 PM
Quote from: bearded4glory on March 14, 2016, 11:33:47 PM
Ok, so somehow my sun in coming up from the bottom.

Are you exporting from Blender, perchance?

No Max>FBX>FBXtoEDF

Its fine after I started checking recalculate normals.