• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:40:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

why cheat when hotlapping

Started by -aGy-, March 13, 2016, 07:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-aGy-

there is no need to cheat when you are hotlapping..!if you cut wait few seconds so you dont gain anything..!!!its annoying when people do that..gp bikes had that issue couple years ago but no anymore because riders dont do that!

Scuzzy285

i couldnt agree more haha i see a i think its a 26 second lap time on mxb compound its really stupid
Aerial Racing Team

teeds

Don't think most of this is intentional. For instance when you crash over some berms it resets you on a completely different bit of track and you totally loose your bearings. Faced with this most will carry on down the piece of track they got pointed at. But an average lap speed of 252.7 km/h is comical  ;D

But how to stop this? With track design or improved game code to put you back where you left the track instead of where your bike ended up lying.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

It's the track creator responsibility to add checkpoints along the tracks to avoid intentional and unintentional cutting.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looks like I still have some to learn about the race data file. It's all good, will update it when I update the supercross track :)

-aGy-

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2016, 12:43:34 PM

It's the track creator responsibility to add checkpoints along the tracks to avoid intentional and unintentional cutting.

yes and riders should drive on the track or if he/she wants to drive only one section over and over again he should stay offline

BadStar

March 13, 2016, 03:57:12 PM #6 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:44:03 PM by BadStar
Stay offline?  I have to disagree on this.

Practice is practice. In real life I have cut an entire track to meet up with my friends so I don't have to wait. We have also stayed in one section together repeating a fun section. I don't think it should matter at all, I personally cross the track when I am online in "practice" to quickly get with other riders. There are even dirt roads on some of these tracks (in game) to do this.

Now.. qualifying/racing.. yes, you skip enough we should vote kick or whatever is needed but leave practice be. :)

If you go to open track day which is in turn "practice". You always risk the chance of riding with guys who are trying to push new records and some are just riding for fun.

Oh and if I am not realizing "hotlapping" is another mode outside of practice please tell me and I'll delete this rant lol
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Quote from: geofanatec on March 13, 2016, 04:14:16 PM
Practice is fine. The servers aren't too busy so do whatever u want, lol.

However, if it was practice for an organized event then I would be upset :)

Agreed. Anything organized. Which at that point should almost be on a private server with invites and/or stated in chat that this is real deal Holifield racing son!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

March 13, 2016, 04:21:06 PM #8 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:12:49 PM by BadStar
I honestly don't think anyone ever thinks of "cheating" in this small community. Maybe later down the road when more, less passionate players are on..I doubt most even realize it counts your time when u cross the track.

Last night @the compound, I was in a close 2nd place right behind the fats.. I felt like a super hero! Then I washed out..had to wait until the ENTIRE field of 8-9 riders slowly rode by before it allowed me to reset.. I was in last..trust me if at anyone point cheating was an option it would have been in that moment....but instead I slowly nipped away back up to 3rd or 4th..    That was a sad moment bc I felt like I had Ricky(fats) Carmichael in my cross hairs. Lol
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Fangel

Yeah I was there.

aGy I know you are passionate about setting fast laps, and I understand how frustrating it can be to feel like you achieved something, only for it to be taken away by unfortunate events. You have to remember that MX Bikes is still only in beta, and the final outcome of it may (will) possibly render all hotlap and/or race results incomplete as the game changes.

Sorry if this came out a bit sour, long work day.

Scuzzy285

just an opinion but i think with each new beta and final release of track and game update there should be a record reset for cheating and what not and its all good fats take your time you made a great and very real track. :D
Aerial Racing Team

BadStar

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

Juan Pablo was online accusing Geo and others of cutting the track to get low laptimes. I'd say he's barking up the wrong tree, but he's notorious elsewhere of similar outbursts. He's fast, but frustrated he didn't go straight to the top of the charts. Time for more practice.  ;)
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

JohnnyMac

If someone skips/cuts a checkpoint, does the game not recognize this situation? Game code should be there to not except any lap time if this occurs.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JohnnyMac on March 15, 2016, 07:49:09 PM
If someone skips/cuts a checkpoint, does the game not recognize this situation? Game code should be there to not except any lap time if this occurs.
That's the case, if the track creator has put checkpoints on the track.