• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:38:50 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

New model paint won't show?!?!

Started by CSchmied986, March 28, 2016, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

So, I have imported a new model and everything works fine in game, and I can see the graphics that I exported the model with, but when I try to select a new paint it still shows the base bike. Any help?

ALSO, is there a way to remove the chain from the stock wheels? Thanks!

GDUBMX

It sounds like a naming issue mate.  Also there is a separate chain.tga file in the updated templates zip. Rc is probably the best guy to chime in.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

CSchmied986

I've checked the naming. Wondering if I have to name the paint something specific? Or if there is another file issue.  :-\

Vortex_Damien

Quote from: MotoStar on March 28, 2016, 09:31:31 PM
I've checked the naming. Wondering if I have to name the paint something specific? Or if there is another file issue.  :-\
Name it what you named your .edf so say you named it bikeskin.edf the .tga would be named bikeskin.tga

rc4187

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on March 28, 2016, 09:39:59 PM
Quote from: MotoStar on March 28, 2016, 09:31:31 PM
Name it what you named your .edf so say you named it bikeskin.edf the .tga would be named bikeskin.tga

That's almost right... you actually have to name the .tga's the exact same as the .tga's exported with the model. So for instance if I applied bike.tga to the bike in 3ds max and exported it... then the custom .tga must be named bike.tga before going through the paintEd program.