• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:18:46 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You know you're having a good night when you got three on the go at once... :(

Either that or I have no life.. Not sure which one haha..

Asdrael

June 07, 2016, 01:15:13 AM #166 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:55:59 AM by Asdrael
Almost there. Tuffblock placement is a bitch.

Especially when you realize 2h laters you somehow exported all your terrain like 30% too high...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Hey Fats.. threesomes can be fun, but not knowing who the third party is?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

I find it more alarming that he has a rubber duck and the american flag at the same time on his desktop.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ahah... Err.. I can explain.. :D

BadStar

Asdrael.. btw your track is looking good!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

June 07, 2016, 06:34:32 PM #171 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:36:54 PM by Asdrael
Trying to make fancy looking objects. Folded effect on toughblocks, while keeping it a single texture on a square for low CPU/GPU usage:

It's subtle, but I'm learning a lot. Objects for the same track, just building my own "track kit" to go fast next time and try a 24h = 1 track marathon.

(Disregard the black borders, this is in Sketchup with edge enhanced).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Vortex_Damien

Not to bad! one thing that will help is bevel the edges for a bit of a smoother transition so its not so sharp. idk if sketchup allows you to.

Asdrael

Bevel the cube in 3D or give a bevel effect on the textures you mean? I am trying to keep the poly count very low to get this racable with 22 on the grid. I will see about a 3D bevel and the framerate hit though, thanks.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You can use the 'follow me' tool to make beveled edges (youtube for tutorial) and if you use say an arc made of 3 segments you can then select your whole bale at the end, make it a component and turn on normal smoothing and turn it right up to 180, and soften colplanar, but I forget which menu this is, I've docked it under my materials window on the right.

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on June 07, 2016, 06:57:35 PM
Bevel the cube in 3D or give a bevel effect on the textures you mean? I am trying to keep the poly count very low to get this racable with 22 on the grid. I will see about a 3D bevel and the framerate hit though, thanks.

Don't worry man, a couple of bevels in the edges are not going to overcharge the game and the framerate would be fine. Amazing work mate.

Asdrael

June 07, 2016, 07:27:43 PM #176 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:34:41 PM by Asdrael
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into it.

Edit: well that was easy. I ll finish the track and try both versions then, thanks again.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

In the meanwhile, I tried the bevels on the blocks and I like my stuff square. Take that!

On another note...

It's block placement time.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You can use that track texture directly on your mesh if you want..

Move the texture above your mesh so it clears it, explode the texture and right click, make sure 'texture: projected' is ticked.

Then explode your heightmap mesh, pick your texture directly from the texture object above and paint bucket your heightmap mesh.

Then just make it a group or component again.

Might not help dramatically here, but really does when you have a hilly national ;)

Asdrael

That's good to know, thanks.

I have my routine down with the help of your plugin recommandation - I lay down the stuff on the 2D map, check alignement with the 3D mesh, and blam plugin drop everything on the mesh. Works wonders. Thanks again for that :)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord