• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:57:52 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Working on some buildings for Southwick.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Quote from: Sandbiter on August 06, 2016, 05:42:01 PM
I'll release all objects which I used once the track is finished.

Awesome! Maybe your released objects will help me trouble shoot some issues I have
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Thanks guys!

I hope it will help you BadStar! My objects aren't the best ever though. Almost all UV maps are pretty bad. I really want to finish up this track and release it. If I'll make everything perfect it will never be done. It still looks OK tho, and I don't think anyone will notice any problems.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You should see the uv maps for some of the objects on the js7 comp. As long as they look good in game who cares!

Ruubs

Exactly Fats!

I've never finished anything because I want everything to be 100% perfect. But if I see other people's work (mostly in mx simulator) where they even get lots of money from... Their work isn't perfect at all! I kinda learned the last few months that nothing can be perfect and that I just should release more stuff.

Exporting FBX now. Then .map again and see how it looks. Still need to make some other objects like a tunnel, start doghouse, some more fencing, uv unwrap some fences and I need to improve the textures a little bit. Ohh, and I shouldn't forget marshalls and cameras etc.

GDUBMX

release a beta tonight mate, we'll stick in on a gtx and ride it tonight!

Ruubs

You mean a public beta? I might do that. The .map might not even be done tonight haha.

GDUBMX

any beta mate, as long as its playable :D

philiaN

Ruubs

There won't be a beta tonight guys. I want to fix some stuff first.

Anyway.. found a new way of putting objects like trees, bushes, rocks etc on my tracks. Made this in like 5 sec:

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Remember PiBoSo also said something like 'if the trees look good in mapview but not in game, they will look better in beta 5'.

I don't know if that's still on the table, but it would be worth waiting for. Js7 took using .dds texture format, and doubling up by duplicating and rotating not inverting normals, then duplicating the entire tree so 2 occupy the same spot to get the alpha problem to disappear.

Ruubs

I remember that. Not sure if I'll wait for beta 5 tho. We don't know how long until it's released and I know this community wants another track. I surely hope I don't disappoint anyone with this track. I'm trying to make this track looks awesome, but also ride awesome. I'm not happy with any of my objects tbh, but oh well. They're decent, but not anything like dirt rally or something haha.

Mace-x

Looking sweet man!  ;D

it´s nice to see more trees and stuff in tracks :)