• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:42:01 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Some last touches on the textures.

Asdrael

Looks awesome.

I see you are running 4k maps. I'm guessing the heightmap is also 4k. I'm not sure how it is running, but on the JS7 compound we had to downsize everything to 2k to avoid an excessive occurence of core.exe and just stutterring.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Thanks!

I'm aware of this. I started this texture template at 4k but when saving everything I downscale everything to 2k. Heightmap has always been 2k. Thanks for telling me though! There's always stuff I do wrong :-[

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looks great man, so release now? Would be good to play this tonight ;D

Asdrael

Quote from: Sandbiter on October 09, 2016, 05:42:04 PM
Thanks!

I'm aware of this. I started this texture template at 4k but when saving everything I downscale everything to 2k. Heightmap has always been 2k. Thanks for telling me though! There's always stuff I do wrong :-[

Also I might have expressed myself badly - I meant we have texture maps at 2k. For the textures themselves, everything is tiled. No idea how actual high res textures work. Looks mighty fine this far tho!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: TheFatController on October 09, 2016, 05:46:03 PM
Looks great man, so release now? Would be good to play this tonight ;D
Thanks!
There's still some stuff that needs to be fixed. Still waiting on the bleachers and I can't seem to get my wet textures working.

Quote from: Asdrael on October 09, 2016, 05:46:49 PM
Also I might have expressed myself badly - I meant we have texture maps at 2k. For the textures themselves, everything is tiled. No idea how actual high res textures work. Looks mighty fine this far tho!
My textures, texture masks and heightmap are all 2k. I have 8 texture layers tho. How much did you have on the JS7 compound? I feel like 8 is quite much :/

Asdrael

9 texture layers, 5 material layers. I started at 15 and streamlined it :p
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Alright great. That won't be a problem then! haha

BadStar

Looks awesome Sand... you can release it now! I won't be using the bleachers anyway!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on October 07, 2016, 07:45:36 PM
Thinking of adding a enduro section on the top part of the hill where the woods will be .

ehhh.. PLEASE!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

I just love to tease you guys.
Cloudy looks the best IMO.

Midbeck

#Endthetease haha but seriously tho, gimme! ;D
#DirtyEuro

Ruubs

Quote from: Midbeck on October 10, 2016, 07:17:20 PM
#Endthetease haha but seriously tho, gimme! ;D
Currently trying to fix 2 objects. I hope I won't have to unwrap them again and skin them properly. It'll perhaps take another week if I have to.

Ruubs

October 10, 2016, 10:50:36 PM #253 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:03:00 PM by Sandbiter
New replica in the making.

This one will take some time I guess. This is my local track (Emmen, netherlands). In the middle of the track is a car speedway section. On the offtrack is a small supercross track and an extreme enduro track. The mx track also has a minibike track. Next to the mx track is a kart track (not part of the mx track, just next to it).

I'm thinking of making this track available for Mx Bikes (including motocross (and the short layout), supercross, endurocross, minitrack and I'll connect the mx track to the kart track to form a supermoto track), KRP and WRS.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

That would be awesome.. A big project but would definitely be worth it!