• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:36:56 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

I hate making jumps.
Loved to make southwick, since it doesn't have any jumps. This track only has jumps and no elevation.

Mace-x

if you have a layout i can make the jumps for ya.  :)

Asdrael

Seing southwick and where you come from I will only ask this:

WHERE THE HELL IS VALKENSWAARD!  ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Ruubs

Quote from: Mace-x on October 14, 2016, 05:11:19 PM
if you have a layout i can make the jumps for ya.  :)
I'll do another try. If I'm not happy with it I'll send it to you after I've made the whole base terrain if you're okay with that.

Quote from: Asdrael on October 14, 2016, 05:19:05 PM
Seing southwick and where you come from I will only ask this:

Not right now. Maybe sometime later.

Quote from: StoneRider on October 14, 2016, 06:37:19 PM
Quote from: Asdrael on October 14, 2016, 05:19:05 PM

Et toi fais Lille !!! :P
What about Monster Energy cup?

Asdrael

Lille is too narrow of a track usually to be fun in the current state of the game. I thought about doing the monster energy cup track, even if it looks quite boring this year, buy frankly the stadium that comes with it is already giving me nightmares.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on October 14, 2016, 06:59:00 PM
Lille is too narrow of a track usually to be fun in the current state of the game. I thought about doing the monster energy cup track, even if it looks quite boring this year, buy frankly the stadium that comes with it is already giving me nightmares.
Kamloops made me a very sick stadium years ago. I might still have it. If not he might still have it.

GDUBMX

October 14, 2016, 09:34:59 PM #263 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:22:39 PM by gdubmx
What ever happened to piboso releasing Las Vegas superclass Supercross for beta 4/5?
EDIT: Shit phone
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

The idea is a small enduro course through a dutch forest. I'll not make big bumps/ruts as I want the deformation to do it's work. I also added logs and tires for some Endurocross type stuff (it doesn't work in MXB yet, but it might work after a few updates). There's also a farm land, which is a typical dutch enduro thing.

Tractor model isn't mine.

BadStar

Looks awesome sand!!

Just brainstorming, if you made the trees/logs out off the "terrain" and just textured them to look legit..would that work for temp until pibs adds rubber/tree traction?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Quote from: BadStar on October 30, 2016, 10:20:03 PM
Looks awesome sand!!
Thanks!

Quote from: BadStar on October 30, 2016, 10:20:03 PM
Just brainstorming, if you made the trees/logs out off the "terrain" and just textured them to look legit..would that work for temp until pibs adds rubber/tree traction?
Thanks for thinking with me! Sadly I don't think that'd really work well either. I currently have the traction on the logs, rocks and tires set to SOIL. Soil works way better than concrete but it still acts weird. Making the logs etc out of the terrain would probably give somewhat the same effect since the terrain has soil traction as well.

One of the main reasons why this is not working at the moment, is the actual bike/rider physics. I feel like it's quite hard to bring the front wheel up, by that I mean start a wheelie (compared to real life). The back end slides too much when trying to wheelie (this is also noticable at the start of a race, irl you rocket out of the gate trying to to wheelie, currently in MXB you just slide a lot until you get traction. Once you've traction the front wheel still doesn't go up at all.).

The logs also shoot me 100 meters into the air when going a little too fast over them for some reason.

Ruubs

Trying out a whole lot of different things. Here's another 'track' of mine. The idea is to make it super easy to make tracks with these files. It'll all have the same objects and scaling. But everyone can create their own heightmap and ontrack textures. I hope we'll see more tracks in the community with this project. I know there are several guys that can't get their objects to work, or don't want to spend hours modelling, texturing and creating a whole track. This'll allow people to create their own track, fairly easy! :)

GDUBMX

Nice Sandy,  very helpful and I'm sure would be useful.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />