• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:33:26 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yes, the more tutorials the better really, especially if you have a unique way of doing something ;)

Ruubs

I just thought about the fact that I'm using 3ds max and the other 90% of the creators Blender or something else. It might still help tho. Maybe I'm doing things people never thought of. Then they can try that in Blender or whatever program they use.

Asdrael

Tutorials are always welcome. I know I only started doing tracks because of the tutorials available. I would however try to not emphasize on 3Dmax too much as it is expensive, while free options are available. The workflow and solution building is always interesting though.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Right, as long as the principals are transferable it should be fine. You're not teaching people to model in max, saying you assume people following the tutorial need a basic understanding of a 3d package should be enough.

Ruubs

November 11, 2016, 12:03:02 AM #304 Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:05:32 AM by Sandbiter
I wanted to make a sort of tutorial of my enduro track making techniques. Unfortunately I couldn't find free screen recorder software which worked properly.. Instead I wanted to see how fast I could make another enduro course.
Took me around 2 hours. Object placement is bad. Trees in the middle of the tracks, trees and logs floating.. Still, 2 hours is impressive, isn't it?

Mace-x

2 fucking hours? gosh!
Nice one man, looks great  ;D

BadStar

Wow, Very nice!

When you get it all organized, make a sandbiter tutorial thread!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

British farm lands.
I'll probably be making a rally course for WRS and an Enduro course for MXB. Textures will take some time though and I'll have to figure out how to create some good looking roads.

giopanda

hey people!
i'm finally back!
got a new gaming pc and i'm back with mxbikes and some modding.

been working on and off for a couple of days now, but i guess you all know which track is this.
there's still tons of work to do, but i'll do my best to release it as soon as possible

p.s. is there by any chance a collection of already made assets like fences, trees, objects and stuff?
you know just to save me some time modeling stuff that maybe has already been made and released by someone else..

cheers

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking good Sandy and Gio, and I don't know, what track is that Gio?

No assets have been made yet, I guess so far we have people using SketchUp, Blender and Max.. I think some trees would be useful but they are a hassle right now due to the alpha problem.. If you want to make some though? ;D

I always like to make bespoke objects for each track, feel it gives a higher quality so I don't really have anything to share. But maybe we should start building a stockpile for new track makers, what do you guys all think?

giopanda

it's the Maggiora Mx Park with the Mxon layout.

well i won't have any problem sharing my objects, it's just that it will take a while since i don't have much free time now.
i think creating and sharing with other creators a library of said objects would be super useful for anyone and would save a lot of time..there's no need to model an excavator if there are already 3 different available..

Ruubs

Looking really good Gio! I miss your tracks in Mx Sim.
Quote from: TFC on December 06, 2016, 09:57:14 AM
What track is that Gio?
Goon. U stupid?  ;D ;D

I've started to make an objects pack awhile ago. I'll have to put everything in one file and have the correct diffuse and normal maps in a folder. I'll perhaps even include the templates.

The objects will be lowpoly trees, shrubs and most objects from Southwick. I don't really have any fences since I place them all in one piece on my tracks.

Mace-x

Nice to see you back Gio, looking Dope!  ;D

PizzaChet

Kickass Gio! My favorite track outside of the USA.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

GDUBMX

Nice to see you back Gio, I though you had left for good! :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />