• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:17:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

What resolution is this? My RAM just had a heart attack.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

That'd help me so much with getting base textures done. Looks good.

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Quote from: geofanatec on April 12, 2017, 06:59:05 PM
2048 textures and only 2 of them. 3d grass cranked though for fun

So are they tiled? Doesn't look like it, that's why I was wondering.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

I apparently need to go update my WC2 and see whats new!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Vortex_Damien

Vortex_Damien

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking good!

Sorry gdub, know I said I would help ages ago.. I've changed my sig now, in the hope that it will help me stick to what I'm working on. Had way too many unfinished things floating about :(

Can't wait to get my hands on the final track :)

Vortex_Damien

going for a new type of feel on the track, going to try to make the surface feel as real as i can, so i made bumps and ruts and all that in all over :) really rough but super fun! also textures are coming along

GDUBMX

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on April 16, 2017, 12:15:22 AM
going for a new type of feel on the track, going to try to make the surface feel as real as i can, so i made bumps and ruts and all that in all over :) really rough but super fun! also textures are coming along

Our goal is to make it super rough and bumpy, so the technical riding doesnt come from hitting a rhythm the right way or a certain line combo, its from picking your way through using the smoothest lines, hopping certain ruts to get to the desired rut etc.  Damien took my original real data heightmap and totally re done the jumps,ruts etc. My original focus for this project was to bring a full national event with all the banners and bales etc :). A big undertaking but we are determined to make it work.
We wanna get the textures just perfect where you can clearly pick out the different lines and ruts, a big problem we see alot is those hidden inside ruts which you dont really know are there until you hit it and crash, we want to focus on picking them out to keep battles on the track alive.

Ruubs

Looks incredible guys.

I could help with objects if you guys want. Especially with banners, that's my speciality.

Asdrael

I can help with deformation-things if you want. But it does look great right now.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Sands that would be cool mate. Do you have the 2016 highpoint banners already? I think we are 99%done on the heightmap.

Asdrael my man, what do you mean my deformation things Haa? Could always use extra help. So far I've been sat in my fat arse while Damo does everything, I'm just doing the rut and jumps textures as we speak though :)

Vortex_Damien

So while Highpoint gets objects done and finalized i started on the next track :) muddy creek

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 16, 2017, 11:22:35 AM
Quote from: Vortex_Damien on April 16, 2017, 12:15:22 AM

Our goal is to make it super rough and bumpy, so the technical riding doesnt come from hitting a rhythm the right way or a certain line combo, its from picking your way through using the smoothest lines, hopping certain ruts to get to the desired rut etc.  Damien took my original real data heightmap and totally re done the jumps,ruts etc. My original focus for this project was to bring a full national event with all the banners and bales etc :). A big undertaking but we are determined to make it work.
We wanna get the textures just perfect where you can clearly pick out the different lines and ruts, a big problem we see alot is those hidden inside ruts which you dont really know are there until you hit it and crash, we want to focus on picking them out to keep battles on the track alive.

I've taken a similar approach to Red Bud. I wasn't happy with the idea of spoonfeeding people lines as with heightmaps you end up with inside 'berms' not inside 'ruts'.

I constantly see people reviewing MX sim tracks referring to berms as ruts and I always find it odd lol..

What I've done with Red Bud, is make really low inside berms with no real curve or height (in some places probably the equivelent to 6 - 8 inches tall). At first they feel more like guides as where to ride, but after a few laps you get a real nice natural rut develop as the outer edge of the berm stays in tact the inside just gets deeper. Really easy to let your bike snap in to the rut and feels more amazing the deeper it gets :D