• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:32:47 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Pictures of the tracks!

Started by MxMonster725, April 21, 2014, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Honestly Sand, I think the trees are fine. They more or less look like the "high thin" pine trees there often are behind the dunes. Anyhow, Gio - we are nitpicking about tree essences, that should tell you your track looks great ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on October 31, 2017, 03:53:24 PM
Honestly Sand, I think the trees are fine. They more or less look like the "high thin" pine trees there often are behind the dunes. Anyhow, Gio - we are nitpicking about tree essences, that should tell you your track looks great ;)
Shush. :P

They do more of less look like the "high thin" pine tress yes, but they also look like palm trees to me. Not trying to bash Gio here in any way. He did a great job so far!

Asdrael

Palm tree.

Pine tree, sand version.

Sandbiter next to a dutch forest
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

giopanda

almost done with tree placement, found the correct pine tree and almost solved the alpha glitch (found a decent cut out and checked tfc suggestion)
next placing the remaining object then off with fixing the heightmap (adding bumps and fixing some details here and there), traction and deformation!

Asdrael

November 03, 2017, 12:28:37 PM #516 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:32:06 PM by Asdrael
Looks awesome, and I think Sandy is glad about the pine trees.

Don't go overboard with the bumps and roughness though please :p Make it subtle - see it as planting seeds roughness will grow from - and let the in game deformation rough it up. It works well and on sand, it'll be deep enough :p

Edit: one suggestion out of the track building experience I have. Make the pit area (where the bikes are when you load up the game and start from) flat/horizontal as much as possible and make the pit surface either compact soil or even asphalt. The reason is that otherwise it will deform and dig a hole on your rear tire, making each pit stop worse and making it impossible to setup your bike sag.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

giopanda

Ahah I wasn't happy about those trees either..
Anyway it won't be proper roughness, just those long waves and maybe some breaking bump, maybe.
No ruts or sharp bumps, don't worry, it would be an almost pepped track

Ruubs

That looks gorgeous, absolutely stunning.
Those trees definitely look better. ;)

I agree with Asdrael. The game's deformation will make the track rough enough. Though, it is Lierop so it definitely needs to get very rough. If you want any help with deformation, pm me. I've made Southwick and we've been testing the track online a couple of times to try a technique I like to call 'deformation maps'.

Asdrael

I have edited my post but will repost it here anyway, as I feel it's important - even more so on soft terrain:

One suggestion out of the track building experience I have. Make the pit area (where the bikes are when you load up the game and start from) flat/horizontal as much as possible and make the pit surface either compact soil or even asphalt. The reason is that otherwise it will deform and dig a hole on your rear tire, making each pit stop worse and making it impossible to setup your bike sag.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow looking good man! Really looking forward to this. Here's hoping the next beta has a better online experience as we have some great tracks coming along!

Good suggestion on the pits Asdrael ;)

Mace-x

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Alex