• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:14:53 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Cant get graphics to show???

Started by CSchmied986, March 21, 2016, 03:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

So, i am trying to import a new model from Blender, i have gotten the bike in game but it is all grey. How do i get the graphics to show on the bike? Is it gfx.cfg? If so, how do i make one? Any help would be great!

Snappe

The texture is applied in Blender yes? Texture size must be a power of 2 (512, 1024, 2048) and must be a tga or dds format.

Steven

You need to apply the textures in Blender. Do they show up there?
Also the fbx2edf converter should give you a message when textures are not power of 2 or missing for example. Do you get any?

CSchmied986

Oops apparently it's because I had my texture as a png instead of tga 8) Can I install the normal map the same way?

CSchmied986

Quote from: MotoStar on March 21, 2016, 04:51:49 PM
Oops apparently it's because I had my texture as a png instead of tga 8) Can I install the normal map the same way?

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to get the shininess to show up. Is there a spec map? Thanks for the help!

Steven

For shaders have a look here: http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#Shaders.
In the fbx2edf converter you might need to activate "recalculate" to get the normal map to work. (I usually have it activated.)
Try it out and also try to use the forum search a bit. You could even use the GP Bikes forum or the Kart Racing Pro forum as well.
Report back when you're stuck somewhere.

CSchmied986

That helped! Now i cant figure out how to make the spec map or shiny reflections show up. I tried to read that thread but didnt really understand. Do i export it? Or is it a file?