• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:59:17 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Environment stuttering!?

Started by Casey, March 31, 2016, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey

Hello everyone. I've been playing for about a week now and I'm getting better but there is two issues really bothering me, hindering my enjoyment of the game.

STUTTERING! I'll upload a video for you guys. Basically you can see that the track itself is stuttering underneath the bike but the actual movement of the bike itself is buttery smooth, so what's causing this?

As you can maybe see the slower I ride the worse it seems to get. In corners it gets extremely bad. It's the same on all the bikes, on every track.

I've tried all video options the game provides (resolutions, graphics etc) it's the same no matter what settings I use. Can anyone help with this? It makes me crash all the time!

Here's 2 minutes of myself on MX Compound (great track btw) on the 350X. Sorry I'm not very good at the game yet! :P

http://plays.tv/video/56fd7e3f66025b5b12/weird-stuttering

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey Casey,

My guess would be it's the deformation building up. When you're on the track, try going back to the pits and click 'Reset Track'.

MXBC Compound and my latest track Paleta V2 have very thick texture layers, deformation doesn't work online and since you can disable it locally neither track is built with deformation in mind.

See http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=686.0 on how to disable deformation locally if you're planning on spending most of your time online, you wont encounter it.

Casey

Casey

Quote from: TheFatController on March 31, 2016, 10:06:25 PM
Hey Casey,

My guess would be it's the deformation building up. When you're on the track, try going back to the pits and click 'Reset Track'.

MXBC Compound and my latest track Paleta V2 have very thick texture layers, deformation doesn't work online and since you can disable it locally neither track is built with deformation in mind.

See http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=686.0 on how to disable deformation locally if you're planning on spending most of your time online, you wont encounter it.

Oh I see! But why does it happen as soon as the track is loaded? I haven't actually tried the multiplayer yet so I'll have to get back to you with that.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Because tracks preserve the deformation for the next time you load it, so every time you ride it builds up, and it will keep building up until you hit reset.

GDUBMX

This happened to me too,  I was beta testing paletav2 for fats and wondered why I was getting slower and started falling off more, after a quick steam broadcast with fats he noticed right away so we hit reset track and all was good again!  :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on March 31, 2016, 10:10:09 PM
Because tracks preserve the deformation for the next time you load it, so every time you ride it builds up, and it will keep building up until you hit reset.
Is this confirmed ? I know it preserves it between runs (unless you reset it), but not if you quit the track for good (back to GPB main menu) and you reload it, I was expecting it to start fresh.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 01, 2016, 08:52:00 AM
Is this confirmed ? I know it preserves it between runs (unless you reset it), but not if you quit the track for good (back to GPB main menu) and you reload it, I was expecting it to start fresh.

Yeah me too, but I noticed early on that I was loading the game up and finding tracks were still deformed.

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on April 01, 2016, 09:05:40 AM

Yeah me too, but I noticed early on that I was loading the game up and finding tracks were still deformed.
Wow, that's worth a confirmation. Piboso ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 01, 2016, 10:23:09 AM

A confirmation is not really needed, it's pretty obvious.
And it's in the changelog, too: "new: testing track deformation save / restore / reset "

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 01, 2016, 11:19:27 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 01, 2016, 10:23:09 AM

A confirmation is not really needed, it's pretty obvious.
And it's in the changelog, too: "new: testing track deformation save / restore / reset "
But why saving by default ? That seems just wrong as a default behavior.
It's surely against the POLA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment).

BadStar

All I can say to this is I love Piboso's point blank responses..see it across the forum. Quality!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime