• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:33:13 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Community thoughts about ripped models

Started by pacopastor34, March 27, 2016, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

March 27, 2016, 07:40:25 PM Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:35:10 PM by pacopastor34
Hello everyone!

Here is the 2013 Suzuki RMZ 250/450 1.0 :D :D :D

I just converted it from another MX game... and made some minor fixes. I have not a template yet. I will upload the textures soon, feel free to make your template guys!

The SM version will be avaliable soon.

Hope you enjoy it!

Fangel

Awesome man! Thank you. Downloading right away. Could you do the community a favor and upload to http://www.mxb-central.com/?

StoneRider

This is the xf dyno right here. aaaaand i think this bike is from MXGP game. i don't think this work this way... can't you at least do your own Dyno for the bike ? :) If pib's accept it in the game i'll work on a psd for it :) cuz i got to admit it... it looks pretty damn good in game

GDUBMX

March 27, 2016, 09:12:34 PM #3 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:21:33 PM by gdubmx
wow amazing thanks!! this is from MXGP though right?
the graphics look terribly poor quality but its so cool to have a rmz! thanks again mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

pacopastor34

The 250 has its own dyno. If you open it in engineed you can see the changes from the 250xf but i didn't rename it.

The textures from MXGP are very bad but I am working in my own CR500 and another bike for GPbikes. It's too much work for me now reunwrap the textures for higher quality version of the textures.

I just testing the conversions from MXGP.

Midbeck

Is this really allowed? To convert models from another game to ours? Not trying to kill the hype, i love new models. Just wondering.
#DirtyEuro

StoneRider

yes me too and if this is allowed, i can help you with textures :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's absolutely 100% not allowed.. Whether it's noticed or cared about is another story. A moral grey area - If the community is presented with a bike model they're going to ride it, if they disagree with the source strongly enough they won't.

I'm not condoning it in any way, it's just fact.

Midbeck

Quote from: TheFatController on March 28, 2016, 12:31:49 AM
It's absolutely 100% not allowed.. Whether it's noticed or cared about is another story. A moral grey area - If the community is presented with a bike model they're going to ride it, if they disagree with the source strongly enough they won't.

I'm not condoning it in any way, it's just fact.

Same here, I just don't want it to backfire on the community as a whole.
#DirtyEuro

StoneRider

well, if we follow this, we don't have rights to make replicas neither. no rmz, no yzf, but only xf or whatever. a bike from an game developed by a big society like milestone.... i dunno. just my opinion.

btw the weight and horses that shows in game is sames as the xf. And the feeling as well. i didn't compare the files but there is surely a bigger difference between 09crf's and xf than this bike and xf. just my feeling. :)

GDUBMX

Although I love Suzuki,  I to cannot condone this rip. Please do the right thing and delete this thread mate.  We don't want the whole community and piboso team to be labelled as cheats and thieves. Sorry mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

StoneRider, I was referring to the act of extracting a model from another game, not using a brand.

Generally speaking there's nothing companies like Suzuki can probably do if we put their logos on a 3d model and give it away, and why would they want to? Any advertising is good advertising and the fact their brand has been used is at no loss to them..

But pulling a model from a big developers game could have more immediate implications. Read the disclaimer text at the start of any game and you will read something along the lines of intellectual property and usage. I could be wrong, and the worst case is you'd probably be politely asked to take down your content, but hey.

Again, not condoning this or pushing for it to be removed, just highlighting the important points.

Vortex_Damien

Just got home and was excited when i saw this!.. sadly while the model itself is great.. and not just because i am modeling the bike as well, so my opinion might sound biased.. Extracting a bike from a major game title, hell anyone's work without their permission is wrong and why not spend the time to make it? so much more rewarding in the end! i agree with everyone in this thread that this should be taken down, not being rude to you, go for it cant wait for future models from you, but getting a model that isnt your's without their permission isnt the route to go if you are trying to get a bike in game . ( thanks geo :P cant wait to get it done myself )

pacopastor34

March 28, 2016, 08:33:51 AM #13 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:49:51 AM by pacopastor34
Hi guys. I just read all your comments. This evening I will close that topic but I have a few questions. Is this not the same than Gpbikes? I think there are some bikesets for Gpbikes that are just conversions from SBK and MotoGP. Let me know if not. Is legal to use the logos of bike manufacturers for paints? Is legal use brands in my own bike model from the CR500 that I made from scratch?I have some doubts about that legal issues before remaining my projects. I have no moral doubts about it because I don't wanna make money of that. It's only for fun.

Thank u guys for your comments!

Regards!

PD: Vortex_damian: I'm working in my own models as you can see in another topic. I have no problem getting them to the game. I just converted the RMZ because I saw people doing it in Gpbikes and that wasn't a problem for the community.
And a BIG BIG BIG RESPECT for all you modellers, skinners and players!

MotardMatt

ripping is bad mmmkay but Damiens model, now that is a thing of art!