• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:49:57 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Community thoughts about ripped models

Started by pacopastor34, March 27, 2016, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

Ripping is bad here but no in GpBikes?

Of course Damian RMZ its art, art and work. I know so much costs modelling a bike. I am a modeller, amateur and bad modeller but a modeller.

Midbeck

Quote from: pacopastor34 on March 28, 2016, 01:35:13 PM
Ripping is bad here but no in GpBikes?

Im not active in the GPBikes community so i wouldn't know. Ripping is always bad.
#DirtyEuro

Mace-x

Well, ripping is bad and you should ask the creator for permission, if i where the one who did the bike i´d be happy to see it in another game as long as credit is given, he´s not taking any credits for the bike, only the conversion, lots of games uses converted cars/bikes from major companies.

There´s no way of asking the person who modeled that bike if it would be ok to use it in this game, even if they wanted to, they would risk being fired for allowing that, i have the idea that if a content is used with respect is not bad to use, mx sim guys use objects that i made long time ago all the time and i´m happy with it, the tracks look good and my objects are there, instead of in my HDD using space.

Other thing is ripping the content and using it to "Create" your bike, use parts, textures and stuff and then call it your bike, that is ripping and bad use of content and certainly i would not allow that, unless i´m asked first.

There, it may not be a popular opinion but that´s how i think of my work, if people are interested i did a good job, if they want to use it even better and, if they want to rip it, is because it´s even better, i would lie saying that if my work got ripped and other people took credits for it i wouldnt be mad but, if it used to it´s funcion (Being a bike/object or whatever.) i would be totally ok as long as credits are given, wich Pacopastor gave here.

There... i might be hated now...  ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Not at all mace, I completely agree but I also think it's for the community to decide. If gpb are ok with it, it doesn't automatically mean everyone here will be.

I don't see it being a problem being available as people can make their own choices to use it or not, but for legal and or moral reasons depending on the source, I won't allow anything ripped from elsewhere to be hosted on MXB Central with my knowledge.

Mace-x

I think that is ok to keep content from other games outside MXB, it´s awesome to have a person that really cares about content and the quality of them, thanks for doing such a great job with MXB fats  :)

pacopastor34

Well. Since the very first time I decided to buy that game I wanted to be an active part of a community. I'm working on mods since the first time I played the game, I'm coming  from Mxsim where I made bikes but never released due to lack of time and motivation.

I want an organised community, I want to be able to enter in all servers with all the bikes and play with all the people. I don't want to  split the community between supporters and detractors of ripped models.

I really appreciate Fat's work with MXBC, rc, geofanatec, mace-x and all who made something for a fantastic game as MXB is.

At that point I decided to take down the links and close this topic.

Ripping is very bad guys, don't try it at home! 8)

PD: I keep working on CR500 and more content.

Mace-x

Good to see, cant wait for that Cr500!  ;D
Keep it up!

Docfumi

Cool bike mod, glad I got it  ;D The line in the sand will be crossed but to what end?
Who's to say? I think it is up to the Admins. to lay down the laws around here and the
MODDER should follow his/her laws. When we as a community start policing what other
people do as far as there work goes we only hurt ourselves. Someone just released a bunch
of logos to which he has no rights and I am sure they are not scratch made, is that also stealing?

Where do we draw that F%$KING line?

Thanks again for the mod and the effort.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

CSchmied986

I'm almost done importing Jay's 2016 KXF, but in MX Simulator my team paid for the model and template so that is why I feel I have the right to, but I will still give Jay credit.

Vortex_Damien

Quote from: MotoStar on March 28, 2016, 09:42:18 PM
I'm almost done importing Jay's 2016 KXF, but in MX Simulator my team paid for the model and template so that is why I feel I have the right to, but I will still give Jay credit.
I would still ask jay if it is alright to import the model as it still is his model.. i assume you paid for the Mx Simulator version of the model. that is just me though..

CSchmied986

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on March 28, 2016, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: MotoStar on March 28, 2016, 09:42:18 PM
I would still ask jay if it is alright to import the model as it still is his model.. i assume you paid for the Mx Simulator version of the model. that is just me though..
I understand that, but I think about it like buying and unlocking a iPhone. Either way I will never release the template as to not interfere with him selling more copies, butt do intend to mention it to him.

Braap570

I just hope that it will not Start like mxs.  Since you have to Pay for every Model, the community grows more and more to ppl who just want to make some money...  Not everyone but many.
So i think ripping without asking isnt good. If you got permission i dont have anything against it. But im interested what piboso would say about it. Can piboso get in danger if ppl put e.g. Models of mx vs atv or mxgp ingame?! 

CSchmied986

No he can't get in trouble because 'he' is not putting any of that content up. But yes I agree about charging for bikes, and since my team paid for this model, I am going to upload it. I was never told I could not, just that I cannot give the PSD out.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

pacopastor34

+7 for donations only. It's in our hands that bikes market won't happen. I don't know if that expression exists in English. Correct me if I am wrong.lol  ???  ::)