• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:36:28 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Community thoughts about ripped models

Started by pacopastor34, March 27, 2016, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Oh don't get me wrong, it's your choice, it's just advice. My post above is opinion only.

pacopastor34

Quote from: TFC on January 29, 2017, 01:55:29 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, it's your choice, it's just advice. My post above is opinion only.

I got your advice and I think it was a good. That's why I remove the button. Thank you.

2tfanatic

I don't care as long as i can ride it in the game.

modxbiker

Quote from: Fangel on March 27, 2016, 07:57:45 PM
Awesome man! Thank you. Downloading right away. Could you do the community a favor and upload to http://www.mxb-central.com/?
I will surely download this game for sure!

PizzaChet

Honestly, I love seeing models freely distributed. Especially after they were sold for ~$200 or more over at MX Simulator to some poor desperate kid that didn't know any better. There's enough high quality free content that for someone to say their time is worth more than the guy who gave away his work doesn't fly. I call it good kharma. The guy who originally made the model surely didn't pay the OEM for use of their brand. Did they?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

hvpmvp

Quote from: PizzaChet on November 30, 2020, 05:39:31 PMHonestly, I love seeing models freely distributed. Especially after they were sold for ~$200 or more over at MX Simulator to some poor desperate kid that didn't know any better. There's enough high quality free content that for someone to say their time is worth more than the guy who gave away his work doesn't fly. I call it good kharma. The guy who originally made the model surely didn't pay the OEM for use of their brand. Did they?

I can tell you have never modeled anything in your life, or at least had it ripped and sent around without your permission.
Modeler

PizzaChet

Quote from: hvpmvp on November 30, 2020, 09:46:12 PMI can tell you have never modeled anything in your life, or at least had it ripped and sent around without your permission.
No, you can't tell shit. Boy, what a poorly informed assumption. Apparently, you've always had selfish thoughts when creating. Try giving away something, see if it makes you feel good(that's a laugh!). Like I said, there's plenty of free, quality content. There's plenty of people that aren't vultures.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

hvpmvp

Quote from: PizzaChet on November 30, 2020, 10:37:12 PM
Quote from: hvpmvp on November 30, 2020, 09:46:12 PMI can tell you have never modeled anything in your life, or at least had it ripped and sent around without your permission.
No, you can't tell shit. Boy, what a poorly informed assumption. Apparently, you've always had selfish thoughts when creating. Try giving away something, see if it makes you feel good(that's a laugh!). Like I said, there's plenty of free, quality content. There's plenty of people that aren't vultures.
LOL. To quote you, "what a poorly informed assumption" because I am literally in the middle of modeling a ton of bike parts to free release for sim.  Imagine you work super hard on something and are super proud of it, and want a little bit of compensation for it, so you charge people.  All the sudden you see tons of people using it when they didn't get it through you.  It's not an awesome feeling.  People like you are the ones that drive content creators away from games, even more disgusting that you actually advocate the stealing of others peoples' work :/
Modeler

hvpmvp

sorry for the dp but... all I saw in your posts, pizzachet, was a lot of not thanking creators for releasing things and only pointing out negatives, also a distinct lack of models being released.  Maybe I didn't look hard enough tho? I would love to see your free models!
Modeler

PizzaChet

I work in CAD/CAM all day. Why would I want to come home and not play? It's your choice to charge for your models, then use the honor system only to surely be disappointed when the inevitable happens. Get over yourself. There's still plenty of great free stuff. Why don't you go harp on those creators that are dragging you down by not charging?

StoneRider

Quote from: hvpmvp on December 01, 2020, 02:36:54 AMsorry for the dp but... all I saw in your posts, pizzachet, was a lot of not thanking creators for releasing things and only pointing out negatives, also a distinct lack of models being released.
Just charge your stuff far away from here dude. There is no debate. We don't sell stuff here. Period. If you don't like the way things are here, stay on sim and stop trying to explain to us how life's work. I'm getting tired of that "mods police" coming from sim. We don't come to sim's forum to say you're wrong to sell your shit right ? Do your thing and let us do our own. You're never gonna make a point here you're just wasting your time and ours.

iNsane

December 01, 2020, 06:06:50 PM #101 Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:08:40 PM by iNsane | WW

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

hvpmvp

When did I say I was being dragged down by any content creators? Don't get me wrong I love free releases, which you guys seem to think I don't for some reason.  Everything in life isn't free, and if you constantly hate on paid releases and turning away creators for charging for their work, this community will go nowhere.  I could honestly care less if this game had free or charged releases, doesn't bother me at all, what does bother me is people advocating for stealing other people's hard work.  Especially if it's from a smaller game like mx sim, where usually 1 person spends about a thousand hours making a model, although it's still an awful thing to rip from mxgp games.  I honestly just don't understand how you can defend stealing.
Modeler

𝖙𝖋𝖈

December 02, 2020, 08:36:23 AM #103 Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 08:49:41 AM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but thought I'd put my two cents in for what it's worth.

1. The thread was originally about ripped content from games like MXGP and MESX. I think we can all agree that we can be a better community than a bunch of rippers and so far I think we've achieved that on the whole.

2. But now the conversation has turned to selling mods that's a different discussion all together right? My thoughts:

2 situations..

People buy bike models from developers like THQ (who earn millions) in the form of DLC so they can ride a real life brand in game and don't complain about having to buy them (tracks too)..

People spend thousands of hours crafting models in their spare time at home only to give them away for free to a community who are largely ungrateful and take high quality mods for granted..

I know who I would rather buy a bike model from simple as that 🤷‍♂️

(Although $200 is absolutely criminal)

hvpmvp

+1 tfc, and yeah I also agree paying $200 for 1 model in mxs is way too much.
Modeler