• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:48:25 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Protecting your paints?

Started by CSchmied986, March 30, 2016, 05:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

Any way to keep people from ripping your paints? MXS has the scram file and i didnt know if this game supported something like that.

HornetMaX

Not that I know of. And I hope there will never be something like that implemented in MXB.

GDUBMX

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 30, 2016, 09:49:42 AM
Not that I know of. And I hope there will never be something like that implemented in MXB.
+1 the current system works fine imo.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

StoneRider

a like it this way too. i don't want to pay for models one day. Donations and free content is good

Wedgewood

If you want them fully protected maybe you can just not upload them at all and just keep them for your own personal use. 

CSchmied986

Quote from: wedgewood on March 30, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
If you want them fully protected maybe you can just not upload them at all and just keep them for your own personal use.
So i should not release the 2016 KXF then? I am trying to give the community something for free, but not have them ripping it or tearing it apart because its not all my work. And i certainly do not want people making a hack job of that work and then uploading it. If it was mine id release the psd for free, but its not. Thats why i think its important.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Not sure I understand.. Not supplying the PSD won't stop people skinning it, it comes with paint files right? You can unpack them and re-skin.. Surely that's not an issue? ???

CSchmied986

Yes, what i dont want is people re-skinning and then uploading it. All of the parts, shading etc. is someone else's works and only i have permission to use it. So if anyone does rip this bike they need to keep it to themselves.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Exactly geo..

So either ask permission, ask someone here to make a new template for you, or just release it with no skins and one cutout with no detail..

Oh.. and the value is in the model  8)  (not that we're willing to pay  ;) )

CSchmied986

I would like people to make new paints for this bike, thats awesome. I am giving everyone permission to use this model and the paints im providing, however, since all the part and shading are not my work i cant give permission to modify it. Im not trying to be a dick, im just not trying to piss off the person that created it. I am simply importing this model into the game, and permission to create new skins on it need to come from the creator because thats what he requested. All im asking is that if you modify the paints, do not upload without permission. Then you dont have to run the same paints, but others will not see it. Isnt that fair?

PizzaChet

Quote from: wedgewood on March 30, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
This is the main problem with ripped skins. One kid can't keep his creation to himself. Needs to be praised for his work and HAS to share with someone. Wrongfully trusts that person. That someone shares it and so on and so on...
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So how about the idea of making a new template?

CSchmied986

maybe if someone wants to create a new template and re make all the parts, shading, etc. but that would be a ton of work. Im just trying to give something cool to the community without making anyone mad  8) The bikes new geom and engn are awesome and i cant wait for people to test it. Will be coming with SM bikes as well. Should be uploaded by tomorrow.

GDUBMX

Awesome, does it still have 2 chains? And are the shadows and norms fixed?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'm not talking about redoing all the shading, I'm saying take the PSD, take the cutout layer only and pack the bike with it black and white. Let skinners worry about the hassle of re shading everything, that's part of the enjoyment of skinning. At least it's better than saying 'don't skin it' then getting annoyed when it eventually happens, time and time again..