• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 01:14:53 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

250 2 Strokes feel off......

Started by Hubchap, February 14, 2021, 02:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubchap

This is something that I have been trying to work out on my end for a while. I got bored of going for fast laps on the 250/450 four strokes and decided to try the 250 two strokes, specifically the Husky and KTM. When I rode them they just seemed so much slower than the other bikes, even the 250f's. I am perplexed by this, because I ride the KTM 150 SX all the time (equal time to the 250f) just for fun so I can get the two stroke feel but still be competitive with decent 250 riders. The 150 seemed faster than both the tc250 and 250sx. My ability to carry speed and handle corners is fairly good. I tried riding a gear high, gear low, and many other techniques that work on two strokes to see if I am just missing the power opportunities. In the end it just seemed like the 250's were souless and the 150 was better. It's probably just me, but has anybody else felt something similar to this?

OG_ROAR

I like them. I've only ever ridden 2 strokes irl. I've never ridden a modern 4 stroke, only older air cooled which doesn't count of course.

They seem good to me in game.

Try 13 / 50 gearing