• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:47:32 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2001 - 2008 RM 250 (WIP)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 12, 2016, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Anyone know of a way to find any missing unwrapped bits? I think I've got them all but want to make sure..

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 30, 2016, 12:59:48 AM
Anyone know of a way to find any missing unwrapped bits? I think I've got them all but want to make sure..
All I do is select all the mesh with the UV Editor opened and If a part of the mesh or a polygon is not uved appears very weird.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've been struggling with this for a while now and can't seem to find ANY tutorials..

I've baked my normal map within blender and can't figure out how to apply the damn thing to the model to test it out, right now it appears as a texture.. Any ideas? Or links to tutorials? Thanks :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Don't Skype but maybe steam? Will be on in an hour or two.. Would be great thanks!

m121c

Marmoset Tool Bag 2 is a cool program to view a model in a video-game like engine without having to setup a render or using the shitty view port visuals.

That's what I used for viewing my progress on my Honda before I had it in the game engine.

Vortex_Damien

Don't know if fats want me to show you guys butttt ya.. doing the plastic normals for the bike and the textures are currently my version. fats will do a version himself

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow that's looking great! Feel free to post as many pics as you want damo, this is intended to be a very open build ;)

Last night I just about finished unwrapping the parts template as individual pieces, and stitched it together in gimp. Fixed a couple of errors but noticed a couple more when I applied it. Was too late to screenshot but aside from two or three pieces it looked perfect!

Thank you very much for streaming your workflow doing this so I was able to do the same  :)

pacopastor34

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on July 02, 2016, 06:57:20 AM
Don't know if fats want me to show you guys butttt ya.. doing the plastic normals for the bike and the textures are currently my version. fats will do a version himself

:o :o :o

Very nice Damo and Fats.

If you need help with geom and gearbox etc... just tell me...It would be sad to don't have a good geometry and engine....like happened with the rmz. A great model but a bad geom.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Paco, I was going to do my best to get it in game myself.. If it all goes horribly wrong I'll be sure to give you a shout.. Or RC if you're not on (sorry RC :D)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Coming along, that's normals and occlusion baked, and best part of textures done for the desirable skinning stuff template, now for the rest of the crap  ;D

pacopastor34

PizzaChet

Quote from: TheFatController on June 27, 2016, 09:13:17 AM
Thanks man, have a good honeymoon!
Oh man! Wa8t till I get home and process the GoPro footage of us hitting the dunes in a Polaris 800 4-seater. I'll save the punchline for then.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

This is probably a question for Snappe although anyone who knows! Pretty stuck.

I've split my mesh pieces, joined them with the MXB Blender template pieces as they should be, now all I need to do is move the empty parent's origins to match my objects, but I can't seem to do that without moving the object itself..

How do I move say in this case 'gear_lever', without moving 'gear_lever_pivot'?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Never mind, think I've figured it out.

If I select the mesh I want to move and copy it's global location I can then move the empty parent, rotate it how it needs to be, then edit the child mesh, rotate it back and manually type back in the coordinates.

Pain in the bum! ;D