• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:11:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Mace Wheels

Started by Mace-x, January 15, 2017, 06:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose Reina

Quote from: TFC on February 20, 2017, 05:44:10 PM
Wow they look great! Are they all accurate sizes and true to real world?

Once they're in, I'd love to add them to my rm.

Are not 100% accurate, because this wheel has other dimensions, the shape of the tire is not the same, the width etc etc ... I have to modify it to be as close to those of Piboso
But in the photo is already similar, at least the scale.

That yes, I need a wheel axle hahahaha

Jose Reina

Quote from: rc4187 on February 20, 2017, 06:24:52 PM
are you going to create the chain as well?

If, as long as you have it complete, put the chain;)

GDUBMX

wow, cant wait to see these working nice jobmate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

i dont have a chain, but i can do one.  ;D

Looking nice Jose, thanks a lot mate!
let me know if you need a chain and how do you need it, i can setup a spline chain to be animated or whatever, i dont know how pibs chain works.

Jose Reina

Quote from: Mace-x on February 20, 2017, 07:27:55 PM
i dont have a chain, but i can do one.  ;D

Looking nice Jose, thanks a lot mate!
let me know if you need a chain and how do you need it, i can setup a spline chain to be animated or whatever, i dont know how pibs chain works.

Not quiet, the chain can be exported from the ride2. Supermotard wheels.
What if it would need, if possible, the axle of the hubs of the tires
(In Spanish: el eje de las ruedas, jejeje)

Jose Reina

I have a major problem with FBX2EDF ... The fact is that in the latest version 1.6, it does not work correctly for "Animate the string", so that the string rotates ...
Therefore, I should use in 3ds max 2010 with the FBX plugin converter to EDF, and with that plugin if it works the animation of the string.
The problem is that this plugin only applies to 3ds max 2010.
But ... the 3ds max2010 creates the texture of the "transparent" wheel, and an error exits when it says "WARNING object no matching parent"

It's bullshit!

Piboso, you can fix the FBX2EDF 1.6 to correctly execute the animation of the chain?

Bj Slice

How do you use these mod? It seems like there 2 separate front and rear tyre templates to work on and I am not sure how to use this file since I have been using 1 psd everytime and that already includes the front and rear tyre in one template for wheels. Help is much appreciated. Thank you!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

GDUBMX

Has anyone managed to get these rescaled and working yet?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

i think jose has them ingame and working but had some issues witht he chain? not sure tho..

Ruubs

To be honest I have problems with the chain on every bike (except stock bikes, i think) with the stock wheels. It's like the chain is connected to the wheel and just rotates with it.

Jose Reina

Quote from: Mace-x on April 12, 2017, 03:18:45 PM
i think jose has them ingame and working but had some issues witht he chain? not sure tho..

I still wait for you to give me the brake discs, because they look transparent, just like the rear tyre, it looks transparent.

Jose Reina

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 12, 2017, 05:19:19 PM
To be honest I have problems with the chain on every bike (except stock bikes, i think) with the stock wheels. It's like the chain is connected to the wheel and just rotates with it.

The chain is easy, but if nobody explains it to you it is impossible ...
Here is a tutorial to properly animate the chain. But what the tutorial does not say is ...

ONLY WORKS with 3DS MAX 2010 and PLUGIN fbx2edf convert to 3dmax 2010.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I had trouble with textures with alpha layers on both the rm and tracks. If you don't need an alpha layer (tyres texture maybe?) then remove it.. If you do need it, like for the discs etc.. Then you might be stuffed unless Pib can help.

Jose Reina

Mmm, how can I explain ...

To export the rear wheel in .EDF, it goes with the chain. Then you have to use 3ds max 2010. ok.

But when I export the wheel with the chain, the texture of the tire is seen according to the angle from where you look, transparent. Example.

If you look from the left side (where the chain is), you see the perfect tire, but if you look from the right side (where the brake is) you see that side of the transparent tire.

However, if I export the wheel with 3ds max 2016, it looks PERFECT! But with 3ds max 2016, the chain does not work.

Has anyone understood me? Jhahahaha

Jose Reina

Using 3ds max 2016, the texture of the wheel looks perfect, but the chain does not work well

Using 3dsmax 2010, the tire texture DOES NOT LOOK GOOD! why!!??
But the chain works well.