• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:51 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Videos

Started by CBL Gaming, September 30, 2014, 08:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffernn

I shown what you can do on mxs and the equivalent on mxb.

arnzzz

we have one SX track here made from a community member (sorry, terrible with names) and the sets of bumps on that sx track are impossible for me to do consistently :)

So i see why people say things like that about MXB compared to MXS, but im sure that it will be more controllable in the future its still only beta 2.

In my head its related to the same issue you get when hitting a jump at any other angle than head on, it just throws the bike around to much, so if i hit the first bump slightly off, by the time i hit the second im WAY off angle and its a defo face plant at that point lol.

I don't see why people cannot like both MXB and MXS though, if you have the luxury to own both then good luck to you :)

I honestly may buy MXS soon, just because I like supporting all devs in Motorsport simulation, as its a pretty small crowd fulfilling this need of ours :)

daffernn

I really like them both I have about 1000 hours if not more into mxs and it's amazing and I really really like mxb's I feel like we need to point out these flaws for them to be fixed, I hope I haven't come across as a hater towards piboso and snappe because this game has a much higher ceiling than mxs and I have no doubt they will do what is needed :)

Mace-x

I hope people buy this game, i see piboso as a much more capable developer, taking in count crucial aspects as tyre deforming, tyre traction, ground eroding and bulldozing, and the leaning approach is not perfect, but it works for now.

Regarding online, this game still needs more modders, the comunity is still weak, and the game modding experience can be frustrating due lack of official info imo.

i wanted to import a bike (husaberg fe450) wich i have done sitting in my hdd and could not find much info or time to bother doing a proper import to mxb, same with tracks, is now as straightforward as mxs was.

Mace-x

my biggest issue right now is that i cant bake shadows to actually see what is going on in the track, and a single heightmap texture doesnt do the trick  :'(

Race Kar

Snappe

Quote from: Mace-x on March 16, 2015, 02:35:55 AM
my biggest issue right now is that i cant bake shadows to actually see what is going on in the track

Why do you want to bake shadows?

Mace-x

Because right now you cant really see what's going on in the track at all, all you see is a white flat land, and to test it it's super hard.

Adding the heightmap as a single texture helps but very little, you cant still see clearly the track.

I'm not sure why, seems like there's a lack of shadows or Ao.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Are you using normal maps? You wont see a huge amount of shadow unless you are  ;) Check the example track folder for how they are used

Snappe

Quote from: Mace-x on March 16, 2015, 05:48:30 PM
Because right now you cant really see what's going on in the track at all, all you see is a white flat land, and to test it it's super hard.

Adding a tiled texture will help... Also, what are your .amb file settings? You could lower the sun position to see the terrain shading more clearly.

m121c

I know this isn't the place for this but since the topic is rolling I thought why not throw my 2 cents in. I bought the game when it was first available to to do so, just to support the devs. Here are my reasons to as why I have barely picked up the controller to play this game since.

1.) Velcro Effect - I feel you are way to connected to the ground. It's funny MXS makes you feel as if you are riding on a solid object and have no real connection/dampening to the ground, but MxB has way to much of that.

2.) Animations - Personal preference bu they are down right annoying to see, and I know this is being addressed.

3. Overall Feeling - I just don't feel like I am riding a real dirt bike at all. I've said it before, I feel like I'm riding a street bike. You can point out I haven't given it much time but when I played MXS for the first time I still had this dirt bike feeling, and it only made me want to keep playing even though it was frustration because the more I got that "feeling of riding" the more I wanted to play. MxB just doesn't have it yet imo.

4.) Controls - To many controls to fit on my controller imo and even though you can manually change assign multiple buttons (Just figured this out) in the settings, with out it I would literally start the game up, try setting up my controller and just instantly close out.

5.) Mods - As Mace pointed out, the lack of info of getting things in game properly is painful. I'm not a gp bikes guy, never even looked at, so why would I expect the Wiki to be there and not here? Although broken, the mxs community thrived off of the custom content. 

These are just a few of my opinions about it, and I feel that is a big reason this game hasn't taken off hugely. Don't get me wrong, I have my own negatives on mxs and I'm open mined to both games, so there is no fan boy opinion of either game. I keep seeing post's about how this game is more realistic physics wise, but how can it truly be accurate if you can't even ride supercross or hit a roller at and angle with out being thrown the opposite direction?

I apologize for the harsh feedback... I really do like what is going on here and I think it's good for mx gaming. Good job so far to the Dev team, and keep up the hard work!

daffernn

Looked better than the other one
https://www.youtube.com/v/U67r9-oqmfg&feature=youtu.be

teeds

250xf on-board lap of Paleta Raceway - 1'27.69s

https://www.youtube.com/v/WjZ_79zyUC8
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Braap570

wow very nice lap! your riding and whiping looks so smooth

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well at least now I know you've been hustling me when we ride together  ;)

Very nice lap mate, nice to see you uploading videos of hotlaps on all the custom tracks!