• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:23:34 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Can someone tell me exactly what is happening here?

Started by GDUBMX, March 31, 2017, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think it's a bit of both..

I'd like to think that to get things right, he's designed a 100% accurate tyre model, suspension, engine and dirt model, and is using that as a control.

I'd like to think that anyway. If course if there are problems with these control models then the end result is always going to be wrong, so my guess is something is wrong with both..

grimm

Quote from: TFC on April 01, 2017, 09:36:24 AM
I'd like to think that to get things right, he's designed a 100% accurate tyre model, suspension, engine and dirt model, and is using that as a control.

I'd like to think that anyway. If course if there are problems with these control models then the end result is always going to be wrong, so my guess is something is wrong with both..

From what I have gathered about sim developers, this is the 100% accurate statement of the thread. It's not that the physics aren't there in the sense of unable to produce accurate results, it's that the physics need a bit of work to function correctly with real values.

A month or two ago, there was a heated exchange between a car simulator developer, and a professional driver that was investing time in the modding community. As the debate heated up, the simple fact kept coming up, and that was the physics, and the numbers, could be modified to deliver almost perfect results, but the ensuing numbers to get it to happen were unrealistic, and thus, patching together a developing platform for the sole purpose of realism. Basically saying, "good enough".

As modders, the key is to use the best of your abilities to tweak and modify the end result of the core sim, so, keep on keeping on, and let Piboso do as they have to in order to build up to a point they are pleased with the results. I don't think they ignore mod bikes and tracks, pretty sure they try it all, dissect it, figure out what is working and what isn't and why. Just because we're not in the loop 100% of the time doesn't mean we are talking to an empty room, despite not hearing a reply.
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

grimm

In my opinion, the day Piboso allows us a greater perspective on how things work, instead of us having to figure it out (seems even GP Bikes was capable of a number of changes to produce respectable speedway bike results) the possibilities could be endless. I'm really unsure why the information has never been known aside from experiment on the modding communities part.
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Wedgewood

Looks like the start of a tank slapper.  It's a sign that your suspension setup is off.  At this point your throttle is the only thing keeping you upright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNs-2CmFtX4