• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:41:36 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Mx bikes on steam

Started by Jamieke22, October 14, 2014, 02:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamieke22

October 14, 2014, 02:56:13 PM Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:02:39 PM by Jamieke22
so i was thinking about mx bikes on steam its maybe a stupid idea but not everyone knows this game but there are like millions of steam users so the makers will get more people that will buy the game and it has more payment methods such as paysafecard steam cards....
let me know if this sounds like a good! :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

This question has already been asked if you use the search

2tfanatic

No.
I think these type of games don't belong on Steam. It's Indie, keep the Indie vibe up.

Alby46

i asked The PiB 2 years ago the same for gp bikes, of course he doesn't want to bring it and he's other projects to steam

thisisdef

Quote from: Rhyveeo on October 15, 2014, 07:54:00 PM
No.
I think these type of games don't belong on Steam. It's Indie, keep the Indie vibe up.

Tons of Indie games already on steam. They still have a great Indie vibe.
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

2tfanatic

Quote from: thisisdef on October 16, 2014, 01:15:01 AM
Quote from: Rhyveeo on October 15, 2014, 07:54:00 PM
No.

Tons of Indie games already on steam. They still have a great Indie vibe.
You don't see what i mean, this game just doesn't belong on steam.

arnzzz

These forums would turn into a cess pit and the amount of hate for small things would go through the roof.

With a small amount of hardcore players that are here, its all people who have gone out of there way to find such a game. You bring the general population of
steam on here and it gets nasty pretty damn fast.

Piboso would make a ton of money, as i think this would sell like hot cakes, but i also feel while the sim is still pretty difficult to use to do the things people expect to do, then its just setting itself up for to much hate by being on steam.

Assetto Corsa, the driving sim is on Steam, and on most days people are in the discussion boards hating on the sim because they say its to difficult with a controller or keyboard. They expect it to be like forza.

Steam kiddies will expect this to play like MX vx ATV, but it doesnt and they will cry :)

Imagine what they would say about this, with its super high learning curve lol

full disclosure: I love Steam, and i to would like this on steam, if only for the updating process :)  but i dont think its ready for that crowd yet. one day maybe :)

BadStar

December 02, 2015, 10:34:15 PM #7 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:36:19 PM by BadStar
Quote from: arnzzz on November 12, 2014, 02:28:28 PM
These forums would turn into a cess pit and the amount of hate for small things would go through the roof.

With a small amount of hardcore players that are here, its all people who have gone out of there way to find such a game. You bring the general population of
steam on here and it gets nasty pretty damn fast.

Piboso would make a ton of money, as i think this would sell like hot cakes, but i also feel while the sim is still pretty difficult to use to do the things people expect to do, then its just setting itself up for to much hate by being on steam.

Assetto Corsa, the driving sim is on Steam, and on most days people are in the discussion boards hating on the sim because they say its to difficult with a controller or keyboard. They expect it to be like forza.

Steam kiddies will expect this to play like MX vx ATV, but it doesnt and they will cry :)

Imagine what they would say about this, with its super high learning curve lol

full disclosure: I love Steam, and i to would like this on steam, if only for the updating process :)  but i dont think its ready for that crowd yet. one day maybe :)

1st, I am a fan boy of Mx vs Atv.. or maybe thats just bc I have played every rainbow studios game since day 1(its not a sim so I consider it a diff genre).. I must say, you are right.. the steam community already trash talks the devs about mx vs atv constantly about the physics etc.. I cant imagine what they would do to this thread.. and this good community.

What I have decided to do is use the "steam in-game overlay" while playing Mx Bikes.. This way I can take screenshots and post them on steam so some of the more serious guys may start to take notice of mx bikes, but leave all the kiddie arcaders elsewhere.

I also will use the steam overlay to "broadcast" Mx Bikes while I play, this way people who watch the cast cant see how hard but rewarding it is.. in hopes to attract real riders/players in to support mx bikes.

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Snappe

Quote from: BadStar on December 02, 2015, 10:34:15 PM
I also will use the steam overlay to "broadcast" Mx Bikes while I play, this way people who watch the cast cant see how hard but rewarding it is.. in hopes to attract real riders/players in to support mx bikes.

Is it possible to broadcast non-steam games? How do people find the broadcast on Steam?
Many thanks for helping to spread the word btw!

Anyway, the plan is to try and get MXB on Steam eventually. We will see how KRP does first.

I'm hoping that there wouldn't be a big impact here, since Steam has their own forums. I'd really like to keep this forum for the people who are genuinely interested in supporting MXB and shaping it's future. Like it is now :)

HornetMaX

Just set the trigger sensitivity of ban-hammer to "very high".

GDUBMX

Snappe, you can broadcast non steam games and in 1080p. I often broadcast to people who have never heard of the game.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Snappe

At the top left hand corner of steam, highlight/left click "games". At the bottom of the list is "add non-steam game to library". I use this to take screenshots and broadcast squad(was non steam until today)and I will do the same with MXB.

Mx Bikes is not a steam game obviously, so steam users will not be able to "search" for mxb broadcasts, but people do browse the live broadcast section of steam all day.. Its like twitch, for some reason we love to watch other people play games?! haha.    I have used steam broadcast many times to see how a game is before I decide on a purchase :)

Small Issue
Steam in-game overlay seems to cause more crashes with mxb, more than I normally would get.. but that seems to be when I try to go online races? Its expected I guess bc you guys haven't had to worry with steam integration. Ill be curious to see how a steam broadcast works as far as crashing the game or something.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime