• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:40 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

PowerSliding/Countersteering

Started by MUD, October 27, 2014, 08:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUD

Every time I try to Powerslide the rider just goes full potato, he keeps turning inwards even after pressing the stick in the opposite direction and clutching out the throttle. Instead of Sliding around a nice sweeper, the front wheel just digs in and he falls

Counter-Steering doesn't seem to work in this situation?

HornetMaX

Unless you're using direct steering, your stick is not controlling the handlebar but the target lean angle.
If you're leaning left and push your stick right, the bars will go left (and pick up the bike).

MaX.

arnzzz

November 11, 2014, 07:46:14 AM #3 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:48:29 AM by arnzzz
The kind of slide your on about isn't possible with the way the physics have been implemented at this stage.IMHO.

I have put many hours into trying just such a slide, and I haven't managed one yet that feels remotely realistic. The back wheel just wants to follow the front, it's very road like if that makes sense.

I don't envy piboso one little bit, because I can only imagine how difficult it is to implement such a highly balanced model so that manoeuvres like that can end up feeling natural. At this stage it's too rigid I think.

It's not there just yet. But I'm confident it will be one day.

I'm not trying to slag anything off for the record. I just want this to be perfect.