• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:46 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Number plates

Started by FunkyLilBB, February 12, 2021, 03:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkyLilBB

Can anyone drop some knowledge on how to possibly edit existing bike and rider paints to add my numbers on them?
The in game fonts don't really do it for me.
And is there anything that works besides photoshop?

Mcervantes3221

Yeah I feel the same way!!!!
Been working on some. Brand new to this too. 
Go to YouTube and watch the video by greenlenux. It's called how to make bike skins or something like that. 
That will show you where to get all the programs and files youlle need.
Then he shows you how to edit the psds for bikes and gear then shows how to load into game. 
Once you've got that down then I'll explain how to load other people's bikes so you can add your numbers and whatever else you want to do.
I tried writing it for you but it would be way too long and way too confusing.
Just FYI I've seen people on here say they spent 10 to 40 hours making one bike paint.
Lastly, if you put your numbers on someone else's bike and load it on website make sure you give the original owner the credit and say you just added your numbers. People on here are very touchy about that.

Mcervantes3221

There's a post called paints creation guide a couple spots above your post.

FunkyLilBB

Thanks for the help!
I'll be sure to give credit to the people who made the paints if I ever share any pictures or anything with the bikes!

Mcervantes3221

no problem and I may have given you bad advice, I should have said get each original authors permission first before posting. I figured it was universaly accepted to puy your own numbers on as long as you gave credit to orinal author and said you were just adding numbers but boy was i wrong. Someone let me know that is still considered ripping and not allowed. People are really touchy on here. I think some creators feel like being able to do their numbers nice and everyone else using ugly in game numbers is like their reward for all their hard work and time put into creating the bike.