• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:05:01 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First track on MX Bikes

Started by Niko Mouk, March 14, 2016, 06:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimm

Niko, I get where you're coming from, but as with the world of motorcycles where my daily is spent (most times building custom bikes) if I was to buy a bike that someone else had built, changed the headlight, tail light, maybe put a new seat on it, and then touted it as, "a bike I built", I would have upset people blasting me from every direction. Every bike I've ever touched in that sense I had to be very clear who built it to begin with (and twice have had to ask explicit permission from the previous builders how much credit they expected since I work in a niche market like track makers for MXS and MXB). Quite frankly, I understand the upset from Motoboss being you didn't ask before starting a thread, could have showed what you've got so far and asked for permission to make it public. I've been in his shoes myself a few years ago when I built a genuinely stunning example of the early "north american streetfighter", and after selling it was seeing it posted up as a bike the new owner had built with no credit given to me! I started with a completely wrecked bike ready for the scrap yard and made it a traffic stopping, conversation starting, monstrosity of a bike, to say I was proud of it is an understatement... and to see it being interpreted as someone elses work bugs me to this day.  :o

I've modded the files and numbers on ALOT of 3rd party bikes that were released on GP Bikes, but not a single one has been mentioned, or released. I won't even ask for permission to do so as the bikes were not mine, and, a few modified files, all be it very different from original and pretty much leaving only tire and physical model to be original, I still feel that it would be insulting to even share them privately. My SM Bikes (cloned/altered bike) pack was never intended for release. The fact Piboso even let it happen blows my mind.  :P

Just sayin', even if it's one little part of the original track, ask permission, or, change it completely to be your own work only referencing Motoboss's track as inspiration.  ;)
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Motoboss

Quote from: Niko Mouk on March 22, 2016, 01:56:40 PM
Quote from: Motoboss on March 22, 2016, 12:13:30 PMI have over 8 full months in that track.. It clearly says on the release that the Height map is not free to use..

:-X I just checked, was the sentence already in big red ? If yes I really apologies...  :-[ I'll not release the track with the actual layout.

Thanks to geofanatec to (be the only one to ?) understand  ;)
Just to be clear and I really cant believe i have to be saying this because its understood by 99% of people but NONE of the height map is free to use.. If you want to make the track start from TOTAL scratch like I did..
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

Phathry25

Just start donating $5/day and see how long it takes for him to edit his posts.

Motoboss

Quote from: Phathry25 on March 22, 2016, 10:04:32 PM
Just start donating $5/day and see how long it takes for him to edit his posts.
I would say about 200 hundred days would do it...hahah ;D Still no where close to what it should be if you paid me hourly ... i would hate to see the number if you paid me just 5 dollars an hour ..That would probably make me ill. :'(
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Geo how about I open a kickstarter for me to make the Stewart compound. I'd say a reasonable target would be £800 - I guess 3 weeks all day every day. I could also include an additional £300 target to include heightmap updates for new betas. :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I couldn't do it I don't think. What I love about things like MXB is the freedom to create what you love for people who love what you create. As soon as you put a price tag on it the knock on effect could ruin it for the entire community..

Unfortunately this is something only few understand, or there would be less stolen content.

GDUBMX

So are people actually charging for tracks and skins over at mxs? Crazy.
So earnie, while we are here.. How's things going and what did you think of beta 4? We would love your prestige content over here and that bad ads county fair track ;) plus we need to hit up Chernarus again man..  Been too long.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Niko Mouk

And after all of this I rode back this post :  http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=799.15

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

PizzaChet

Quote from: gdubmx on March 23, 2016, 12:17:31 AM
So are people actually charging for tracks and skins over at mxs? Crazy.
How about charging $100.00USD for a bike? Yep, apparently over 20 grand has been spent so far. One born every minute.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.