• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:40 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 Kawasaki 250/450/450sm V2.0

Started by StoneRider, April 08, 2016, 08:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

Quote from: NorCal 986 on April 08, 2016, 11:40:29 PM
ill be releasing a pack of my team and Pro Circuit bikes if you want me to add the Aerial bike.

thanks man but just release your pack, i'm going to make the aerial one myself :)

StoneRider

Vortex_Damien

I'm not saying you ripped the bike or any form of that.. im simply stating that jay has no knowledge of his model being released in this game, that is why before you even released it i said to check with him to make sure so he knows and none of this happens of people 2nd guessing a model and all that.. im all for the release of this bike, i love it. just rather people get proper permissions. also just because you bought the model, you got the Mx Simulator version of the model. im sure he wont be so happy about his work getting released without his permission. but then again idk how he feels about the model being in i just asked him if he knew it was released. 

CSchmied986

See, i did tell him i uploaded it, and have done everything i can keep it from "getting out of hand" and letting those who want to buy the PSD know how contact him.

GDUBMX

Just downloaded and tested out the new version,  the engine and exhaust look alot better but it still has 2 chains? The mxs chain looks like its been cut away from all but the front sprocket and painted black, and the new Mxb chain isn't lined up with the sprocket at the front?  :) I'm cool with it just think it looks a bit janky in close ups.  And,  I'm happy to use this bike and publicize it if I know there isn't gonna be a shitstorm kick up about mx bikes users. I remember someone once said they were importing helmets into this game and some guy from mxs piped up saying he ripped them, can remember if they were from mxs or mxgp though?prettt certain it was mxgp.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

m121c

Quote from: geofanatec on April 09, 2016, 02:23:11 AM
I am so done with this!

It takes a lot of work (even a "ripped" model) to get into this sim.

Let if fly! Let it go!

I will say just because you buy something doesn't give you right to distribute. HOWEVER, it's like movies. If you buy it and copy it you can't SELL it, but not to say you can't distribute for FREE to whoever ;)

I would like to argue it doesn't take more than a 1/10th of how much work it takes to make a complete bike. I would know, I have done both, have you?

By the way, your thinking on the movie industry is childish and low if you ask me. That type of thinking is just as worse as distributing illegally, it's called pirating and has ruined digital content based businesses. So technically yes, there is something saying you can't. It's called being a decent human, having ethics, and follow the pirating/copyright laws. Take it from the MXS community, your community will not thrive with that view.

I can see Jay being a little upset, but at the same time I don't see a problem with it. You have taken measures to ensure it isn't ripped and you haven't released the premium paid content. Would have been cool if you have give him a heads up, but that's not required obviously. Just one down fall you have to accept when you sell game-ready content, and why I never let just anyone have my obj files. Hey at least you gave the right credits.

teeds

Just examine the license or agreement that came with the purchase of the model to find out what can or can't be done with it? Done.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

BadStar

Quote from: teeds on April 09, 2016, 12:44:17 PM
Just examine the license or agreement that came with the purchase of the model to find out what can or can't be done with it? Done.

^^^
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

StoneRider

Quote from: m121c on April 09, 2016, 08:55:05 AM

By the way, your thinking on the movie industry is childish and low if you ask me. That type of thinking is just as worse as distributing illegally, it's called pirating and has ruined digital content based businesses. So technically yes, there is something saying you can't. It's called being a decent human, having ethics, and follow the pirating/copyright laws.

hey mc cool to see you there. i am in the cinematographic industry. i know how to make a movie and how it is distribute. do you...? ^^ just to told you that the free share of movies, piratage, torrent and streaming has done much more good than bad to the industrie. when they tell that they loose money with it,  it's just NOT true at all. it's making more publicity for them than they ever imagine they could, and it's totally free. i BET Jay is gonna sell more bikes with this release than without ;)

StoneRider

Quote from: StoneRider on April 09, 2016, 02:31:03 PM
Quote from: m121c on April 09, 2016, 08:55:05 AM

By the way, your thinking on the movie industry is childish and low if you ask me. That type of thinking is just as worse as distributing illegally, it's called pirating and has ruined digital content based businesses. So technically yes, there is something saying you can't. It's called being a decent human, having ethics, and follow the pirating/copyright laws.

hey mc cool to see you there. i am in the cinematographic industry. i know how to make a movie and how it is distribute. do you...? ^^ just to told you that the free share of movies, piratage, torrent and streaming has done much more good than bad to the industrie. when they tell that they loose money with it,  it's just NOT true at all. it's making more publicity for them than they ever imagine they could, and it's totally free. i BET Jay is gonna sell more bikes with this release than without ;)

Also, Geo is making tracks on mxb. and man, it's as hard as making a bike in 3ds max. No joke brah trust me and give it a try... ^^

pacopastor34

sorry for the cap. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU SOLD AN OBJ FILE FOR 100$?

Jay did not sell a Bike for MXsim...With their jm files of the model or a saf file and then we ripped it. NO. He sold a complete 3D model. At least we gave credits to him. We didn't have to do it.

Stone and Chris bought a model that hasn't got any kind of license or contract(I guess). Just play and let it go.

I'm sure it does not exist.  ::)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Midbeck

Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 09, 2016, 02:38:39 PM

Jay did not sell a Bike for MXsim...With their jm files of the model or a saf file and then we ripped it. NO. He sold a complete 3D model. At least we gave credits to him. We didn't have to do it.

Stone and Chris bought a model that hasn't got any kind of license or contract(I guess). Just play and let it go.

Well if this is the case and the bike was not sold as a MX simulator model instead sold as a 3d model with the obj file i feel like its fair use to make that 3d model work in any game of your choice. If you were to release the .obj file, that would have been bad. But i don't feel like this is against any kind of morals or legal matters.

- Jay got cred for the model that he made/sold, just as he should.
- The model got twice the exposure it had before, It's now in both MXS and MX-bikes.
- If people want to alter the model in any way they still have to buy the obj file from Jay.
#DirtyEuro

pacopastor34

Quote from: Midbeck on April 09, 2016, 03:53:49 PM
Quote from: pacopastor34 on April 09, 2016, 02:38:39 PM

Well if this is the case and the bike was not sold as a MX simulator model instead sold as a 3d model with the obj file i feel like its fair use to make that 3d model work in any game of your choice. If you were to release the .obj file, that would have been bad. But i don't feel like this is against any kind of morals or legal matters.

- Jay got cred for the model that he made/sold, just as he should.
- The model got twice the exposure it had before, It's now in both MXS and MX-bikes.
- If people want to alter the model in any way they still have to buy the obj file from Jay.

That is what I think. I'm totally agree with you.

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on April 09, 2016, 02:49:56 PM
So.. Why can't we skin it? ???

I think you can make a skin or even a template for it from the .tga file. I'll do it.