• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:44:39 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamloops

Got the same error if I delete the normal map section..

giopanda

Quote from: Snappe on October 18, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

if you specify a sand layer instead of soil you will get sand particles

funny that i got it working since i can feel i'm riding on sand, the bike looks like it's riding a bit deeper in the ground..but i have no particles at all..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: giopanda on October 20, 2014, 03:14:00 PM
Quote from: Snappe on October 18, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

if you specify a sand layer instead of soil you will get sand particles

funny that i got it working since i can feel i'm riding on sand, the bike looks like it's riding a bit deeper in the ground..but i have no particles at all..

This is as far as ive got too ...

Snappe

I think there might be a problem with sand. It strange that you are not getting any particles at all though.

kamloops

Hey Piboso/Snappe.

I have a question about track objects:
Can we put the same values in the shd files and in 3ds max ? Ex : If I put 32 for the glossiness in 3ds max, should I put 32 in the shd to have the same look ?
And if not, is there a ratio between both values ?

That would be really helpful ..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Me again... sorry.

Having a bit of trouble with objects, I have them working on the track but they are missing textures.

I can see from exporting the .fbx that it has created an assets folder (I guess) called scenery with the textures, but when I run fbx2edf I see in the cmd prompt that it keeps saying - for example texture.tga is missing or does not exist..

Any ideas? I've got this far but now I am stumped... ???

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on November 22, 2014, 12:11:15 AM
Me again... sorry.

Having a bit of trouble with objects, I have them working on the track but they are missing textures.

I can see from exporting the .fbx that it has created an assets folder (I guess) called scenery with the textures, but when I run fbx2edf I see in the cmd prompt that it keeps saying - for example texture.tga is missing or does not exist..

Are you sure that textures are power of two?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 22, 2014, 12:23:22 AM
Quote from: TheFatController on November 22, 2014, 12:11:15 AM
Me again... sorry.

Are you sure that textures are power of two?

Thanks lol..

None of the textures in the attributes folder are power of 2 lol... good modelers. I'll try again later when I'm less frustrated!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Me again :) didn't want to start another topic!

Is it currently, or will it be possible to add additional light sources? I.e for night maps with stadium lighting.

Thanks

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on February 27, 2015, 09:48:04 AM

Is it currently, or will it be possible to add additional light sources? I.e for night maps with stadium lighting.

Thanks

Not yet.
Night lighting is in progress.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 27, 2015, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: TheFatController on February 27, 2015, 09:48:04 AM

Thanks

Not yet.
Night lighting is in progress.

;D Great news! Thanks.

Mace-x

March 01, 2015, 06:41:37 AM #86 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:53:45 AM by Mace-x
i´m having troubles with the goddamn editor, it´s so twitchy, you get anything wrong or bad and the game crashes.

currently, if i delete lostlands.amb i can ride the track but everything is black because it´s the lightning file, if i use it the game crashes, i have pit, starting and finish line and 1 checkpoint, the .map file is ok, i can see the track in mapview, any toughts?

nevermind, i had not closed the track centerline.  :-[

𝖙𝖋𝖈

May 03, 2015, 09:51:24 PM #87 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:57:37 PM by TheFatController
Quick question, what does 'frame1' mean in the example tracks .hmf?

Edit: Never mind that specific question, I guess frame1 holds the alternative wet data, but is it necessary? If I don't include wet textures will the track crash when running wet conditions?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Geo  ;D Appreciated as always..

Got Paleta in game, now just a few tweaks

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Further question..  ;D

Basically, treads is dark (which I figured would be good for ruts). However, using this I can't seem to get the ruts to go very deep and they only seem to get rid of the top layer (layer 3) exposing the light colour underneath from layer 2.

Now I guess the depth of the deformation is based on the thickness of each layer?

Also, if for example I removed the thickness setting from layer 2 and layer 3, would that effectively stop deformation?

layer0
{
map = treads.tga
repetitions = 40
}

layer1
{
map = mud.tga
repetitions = 40
thickness = 0.05
}
layer2