• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:53 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Paleta raceway v2 & mxbc compound v1.3 stopped working for me?

Started by bassit, April 14, 2016, 12:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassit

Ill start by thanking THE FATCONTROLLER for both of these tracks, having had a look at some of geofanatec's videos on how to make tracks  ???, huge respect to all track builders, Thank You.

As the title though, both paleta & mx compound have stopped working, on both tracks i have suffered game crashes whilst on these tracks and they now no longer load, any ideas??

I've deleted both tracks then unrar'd them back into the tracks folder.
I've deleted the mxbikes folder and reinstalled it, then loaded all of my folders back into the mxbikes folder, no joy though.

Every time i try to load either track the game hangs and stops working.

philiaN

First try to load something like maryland it should work after that try paleta or compound again. i know this problem :(

If this doenst help check your licence

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey man, thanks for the kind words.

Have you increased your replay buffer? It's known to cause crashes and loading issues across MXB and GPB currently. Both mxbc and paleta have 4k textures which is the only reason I can think they're any different from other tracks.

Other than that.. No reported problems ???

philiaN

bassit

Cheers for the reply philiaN but nothing seems to work, every time i try i get the message "mxbikes has stopped working".
All other tracks load fine though.

My license is also ok.

If it helps.
Windows 7 64bit.
I7 processor.
6gb ram.
Gt650m.

bassit

Quote from: TheFatController on April 14, 2016, 01:00:34 AM
Hey man, thanks for the kind words.

Have you increased your replay buffer? It's known to cause crashes and loading issues across MXB and GPB currently. Both mxbc and paleta have 4k textures which is the only reason I can think they're any different from other tracks.

Other than that.. No reported problems ???

No problem, no i've not touched the buffer size, as i said they both worked fine and then after suffering game crashes they both now just hang.

bassit

Docfumi

Quote from: bassit on April 14, 2016, 02:13:27 AM
Working again after a complete reinstall. ::)

Be sure to update your GRAPHICS DRIVERS to the latest. It really does help.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

Sometimes, just an "install on top" (withtout uninstalling) fixes the issues. It's the 1st thing to try when you face these weird issues.

bassit

Cheers for the replys..

After installing all extras again, paleta (not tried mxbc yet) has stopped working again. ???

Latest drivers installed.

I am pretty sure i tried an "install on top", anyhow i just tried again and no joy.

I suspect i have too many extras installed.

EDIT: Its working again after deleting the rider file and all of its contents, boots, helmets etc..
I tried the same with the bikes folder first but it still wouldn't load.

bassit

Another update on this...

I completely reinstalled my laptop, including operating system and updated drivers for everything, reinstalled a completely fresh beta4, it lasted for 1 or 2 crashes and then its gone again (Paleta only this time though) >:(.

It will work about 1 out of every 6 tries and it wont ever let me use the 350xf anymore, it seems to load up best with the 250x and actually only the 250x recently.

Any other ideas anyone, this is driving me nuts, paleta has to be the best most flowing track out of em all and it wont bloody work for me... :'( :'( :'(

teeds

Does your laptop run ok other wise because it sounds like you may have memory or hard drive issues with the works one min and not the next behaviour.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

bassit

Yes, laptop runs ok but this is the only game i have played on it.
I did think similar, i got round to checking the hard drive (256gb ssd) and it reported as fine, ive yet to find a memory checking program.

Sods law, last night after posting this paleta loaded up with the 350 every time i tried... :o

BadStar

I guess this is like throwing a dart in the dark but worth a try anyway. Since it's mainly Paleta, have you tried to disable the animations file in Paleta? May be it is conflicting with your set-up.. but like I said, that is just a shot in the dark.

The animation file is the "screensaver" file in the Paleta folder. Just move it to desktop and see if it loads/plays better.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

bassit

Cheers dude.

Its working again for the time being, next time it does it ill try disabling the screensaver file and see if it has any affect.