• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:59:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

I tried but quickly realized i need some answers

Started by Aint No Nancy, April 24, 2016, 01:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aint No Nancy

Hi, I am attempting to learn how to make a track, at the moment I just want to get something working and then Ill learn how to make it nice.

I was having trouble because I don't have photoshop to make a ibm 16 bit grayscale heightmap.raw file

is it possible to create a track with all free programs? I was following a tutorial but they used photoshop and I don't have that.

is their any other way to get ibm 16bit heightmap.raw file?? so I can continue trying?

I did try uploading a blender made map into gimp and using black/white option to grayscale but cant save as ibm 16bit so I just tried exporting it as data file and renamed to raw, when I run map.bat thing it just disappears without giving me the map file. and im pretty sure that cause I don't have photoshop to di it right, anyone have any advice for a beginner who wants to learn?

philiaN

I had this morning the exact same problem! Maybe its just the map.bat!

try this code! without that folder structure :)

terrained.exe track.hmf example.map params.ini

Aint No Nancy

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it.

but I am not sure how to use what you put up. could you please explain this for me since I have no idea what im doing without following a tutorial.

philiaN

April 24, 2016, 02:46:16 PM #3 Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:49:27 PM by philiaN
Ofcourse, you have to open the map.bat with notepad/editor

there should be following line

terrained.exe track.hmf example/example.map params.ini

so, you have two options:

1. just delete the example/ (it stands for the folder example)
or
2. create the folder example (dont know if this works, but it should) - the map.bat should create than the map into that folder.

Aint No Nancy

I think I did something and got the map batch file to quit disappearing, cant remember what. it might have quit on its own?

But I opened map and deleted the example/ and I still did not get a map file.

I have now been messing with l3dt, but still cant get my map file after running map windows batch file.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Or you could use L3DT as nothing more than a way of converting images to .raw files.

Download it for free, import your image, export as raw, simple as that.

Cruuz

In my case, the map.bat is working fine but the trh.bat just closes a milisecond after starting without making the file.

Even in the example folder its not working for me.

philiaN

Snappe

Quote from: Cruuz on May 31, 2016, 07:44:53 AM
In my case, the map.bat is working fine but the trh.bat just closes a milisecond after starting without making the file.

Even in the example folder its not working for me.

Have you downloaded terrained.exe and put it the same folder as the .bat files?

Cruuz

mhm...

I made a new trackfolder and did everything again except my heightmap and it works.

Really dont know why because I checked it before and after multiple times and its all the same. Maybe the mistake was too obvious so I didnt take attention who knows :P