• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:50:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Resolutions above 1080p

Started by GDUBMX, May 30, 2016, 10:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Hey guys, anyone know how to get the UI/Menu to work properly with a 2560x1440 resolution? i can change my res in game but the main menu stays scaled to 1080p and i cannot click exit or generally navigate the menu correctly.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

pacopastor34

I have a medium solution. Put the graphics what you want in window mode. Download borderless gaming. That's it.

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on May 30, 2016, 10:52:10 AM
Hey guys, anyone know how to get the UI/Menu to work properly with a 2560x1440 resolution? i can change my res in game but the main menu stays scaled to 1080p and i cannot click exit or generally navigate the menu correctly.

Could you please post a screenshot?
What operative system are you using?
How is the monitor connected to the PC?

GDUBMX

May 30, 2016, 07:48:26 PM #3 Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:55:39 PM by gdubmx
Tried it windows 7 and 10.
Monitor is connected via dvi.
as you can see, cant click exit or done. have to press escape to exit game.
there is some invisible box stopping me from navigating.
https://www.youtube.com/v/U5TV4uM39ko

pacopastor34

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 30, 2016, 06:53:32 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on May 30, 2016, 10:52:10 AM

Could you please post a screenshot?
What operative system are you using?
How is the monitor connected to the PC?

I think it is like: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2684.msg50046#msg50046

GDUBMX

Thanks but I can't make any sense from that solution

pacopastor34

Quote from: gdubmx on May 30, 2016, 09:17:19 PM
Thanks but I can't make any sense from that solution

I can't reach exit and done option in any resolution above 1080p. ONLY IN WINDOW MODE. That's the way I fixed that problem.

I know it is not the best solution or a solution. It's a temporary fix.

Here is the program https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

You have to install it and then open your game with the resolution you want in WINDOW mode. Then open borderless gaming and it should to have MX Bikes in the leftside, click on the arrow to put MX Bikes in the right side.

I hope you understand my explaining. Sorry for my english.

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on May 30, 2016, 07:48:26 PM
Tried it windows 7 and 10.
Monitor is connected via dvi.
as you can see, cant click exit or done. have to press escape to exit game.
there is some invisible box stopping me from navigating.

Thank you for the reply and video.
Can you please write what monitor are you using?
Is the DVI cable single or dual link? According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface#Digital, a single-link DVI connection can only go up to 1920x1200.

Could it be that the actual resolution is only 1920x1080, and then automatically upscaled by the graphics card? Mumble mumble...

GDUBMX

May 30, 2016, 10:25:32 PM #8 Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:49:02 PM by gdubmx
Thanks guys, its a dual link Piboso mate. And its a native 1080p monitor but im using Nvidia DSR which is an upscaler. most games will upscale fine but for some reason it doesnt with MXB. not a major pain but a pain none the less. cheers

edit. thanks Paco, tried it and it works great! thanks. just  small black bar at the top of screen but thats fine. thanks for your help guys

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on May 30, 2016, 10:25:32 PM
Thanks guys, its a dual link Piboso mate. And its a native 1080p monitor but im using Nvidia DSR which is an upscaler. most games will upscale fine but for some reason it doesnt with MXB. not a major pain but a pain none the less. cheers

Thank you very much for the info.

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on May 30, 2016, 10:25:32 PM
And its a native 1080p monitor but im using Nvidia DSR which is an upscaler.
Actually it's a downscaler: it renders internally at a higher res, then it downscale to your monitor res. An upscaler does ... well, the opposite :)

So, is the problem you're having only happening when DSR is active ?

teeds

Got the same thing when I turned on DSR in GPB.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba