• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SX2016 Rd01: Anaheim 1 (with GRE)

Started by Asdrael, June 14, 2016, 09:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Funny... because I was thought "this first set of whoops are nice..this second set reminds me of rnd 02".  haha
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Paradox28

I just suck at supercross riding on my 450, thats all :)

BadStar

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Then for some reason, completely out of the blue, you get it.. You figure it out.. You're running a 1:14 every other lap! 8)

Love it.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

BadStar

Quote from: TheFatController on June 20, 2016, 12:51:31 AM
Make that a 1:11 ;D

Awesome!   I can get the triple triple double double on the 2md rhythm by the finish..but not on the 1st set. yet at least.

Sick times, you win!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Dunno about that, was so happy I recorded the lap, that's a rarity haha..

BadStar

Im going to roll every jump, no crash and see if I win   ;)

serisously considering it hahah
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ref what you said in the gtx thread..

The only thing I find odd is the triples, you can hit them 100% straight and true and you still sometimes end up a bit sideways in the air. This isn't a major problem until you have a big whoops section right after!

I've had this before with jumps but not sure of the cause. Could be the face is at a slight angle as I find the triple after the whoops always spins me left slightly (I think left but it's always the same direction regardless) meaning I have to adjust in the air and straighten up.

Also, in between some of the rhythms the transitions on one or two of them are a bit sharp, I don't mean steep but literally it doesn't look like it's had enough smoothing.

But, these are very minor issues, as we found last night it was very racable, fun batlles, rhythm choices were used. I'd be very disappointed if you didn't make more!

Asdrael

That helps a lot, thanks for taking the time to write it.

I definitely agree with your comments, and I think I have located the causes of them.

One is the "springiness" of the suspension. Whatever slight angle you have, the suspensions tend to increase rather than dampen the rebound of the bike. It's almost impossible to have obstacles at 100% alignment with your rider, so the rear always kicks a tad sideways when the obstacle is very steep - as has to be the case in SX. It gets even worse when suspensions are already doing something before you hit a jump face, which is the case in rhythm sections and after whoops. For reference, the two supercross triples in A1 are exactly the same (copy/paste the section, add a rotation).

The other is 100% my fault. Technically, I have used "building blocks" in Photoshop when making the track, resulting in me smoothing the obstacles (whoever cares, Gaussian Filter) THEN rotating. It seems to mess up slightly with how smooth they end up, probably due to the discreet nature of the scale. I should have (and will) either place THEN use the GF, or do an additional very small GF on the final layout.

Thanks again for the feedback, and glad you guys had fun on it. I'm getting less free time those days to make tracks, but hopefully we'll soon have a range of SX tracks (either from me or others) to make a small SX series.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Maxfield717

Anyone still here...? hahaha i'm trying to figure out how to get the GRE track in game. When i download i get a .pkz file, but when i open the game I get the toughblock collisions. When i open up the .pkz file i don't see any clear filename related to GRE or GoonRideEditon, etc. Can anyone point me in the direction to get the no collisions version? :P  thanks!