• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:36:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track textures

Started by Ruubs, June 23, 2014, 07:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

I've two suggestion which will probably help us track makers to make better looking tracks.
The first one is the transfer between two textures. I'm not 100% sure if this has been suggested on this forum before, but I know it has been on the Mx Simulator forums. I also don't know if it's posible with a brush on 100% sharpness in PS (I guess it isn't, I wish I had time to check it)
When making textures with alpha channels, all the textures blend over eachother. If you want to have a rocky texture next to you track, you'll probably get an effect like this: Image from MX181

This looks kinda weird and IMO should be different.

The second suggestion is random rotation for tiled textures. When you made your awesome texture and put it ingame, it sometimes looks weird because the game tiles the texture and sometimes you can see exactly how it tiled. I guess random rotation on every tile will fix this problem, but I'm not sure how that will look. I know it can be fixed pretty easy at the moment by adding an overlay image, but I guess that 'new track creators' don't know how to make a good overlay image, and so their track will look very strange when everything is tiled the same way.

I'm not sure how well I explained it, and my English kinda sucks atm because I'm kinda tired.