• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:30:51 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rider arms and legs

Started by Asdrael, January 03, 2017, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

Well thanks. I'll have a look into it and see if I can make sense out of the settings, and then find values I like. I had no idea it was accessible in rider.cfg, I thought it had to do with how the rider camera was bound.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Tested it some more (yes this is bugging me quite a bit :p).

It appears that with Automatic rider F/B lean OFF, the "arms" become rigid and lose any dampening properties. Not sure if intentional. With it ON, the arms do soak up (not ideally but hey at least they move). It has no influence on leg movement though, it function both ON and OFF.

It also appears (but this is harder to judge), that with Automatic Rider F/B lean ON, if you give even a minor lean F/B input, the arms rigidify (hands - shoulder distance doesn't change).

I'm not sure if both occurrences are intentional or a bug. I would think the auto lean would act on actual leaning but not on shock absorption (I know shock absorption is leaning in relation to the bike, but I think the difference is stil clear).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on January 04, 2017, 05:34:46 PM
Kinda cool to, you can adjust the leanspeed (which someone thought it might be slow I think).
That was me! Nice find Geo. I'll play with it.

Asdrael

Quote from: geofanatec on January 04, 2017, 05:34:46 PM
In rider.cfg

You can adjust the stability (auto f/b l/r movements) and experiment with different factors and rates.

I was adjusting values like mad trying to figure out why it didn't work. I guess you need Auto Lean on :p Thanks!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

January 04, 2017, 06:49:17 PM #19 Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:55:54 PM by Asdrael
I'm getting some pretty hilarious results, but haven't found the settings I am looking for so far. I can land quitupule backflips tho :p If anyone figures out how to soften the rider's arm on bumps, let me know.

Anyhow, the lean stick should not prevent the arms of the rider from absorbing shocks. Nor should having auto lean off.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well damn.. I spent a good 40 minutes trying different values, not getting results and figuring the settings weren't what I thought they were.

Problem is, I don't want to ride with auto lean :(

Maybe this belongs in the bug reports?