• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:23:56 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Future Championships - OEM or Standard?

Started by BadStar, April 22, 2017, 04:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

Hey all,

I have been unable to play and pay much attention but am finally coming back around, looks to me like the OEM bikes are taking off in popularity on the boards.

Purpose of this post is to know what type of bike is best for me to start practicing again for upcoming races we may have (considering the new tracks, etc).

Are they going to be standard or oem specific national races or whatnot?

Thanks!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

My guess would be OEM. I've not played on a standard server since and I don't think anyone else has ;)..

Just be sure to keep up with the syncs, seems I'm always behind when I want to play ???

GDUBMX

Like TFC said, the OEMs are getting attention all the time, Asdrael and geo keep tweaking the Geos tyres mod which is on the OEM bikes. I don't think anyone other than demo users use the stock stuff anymore.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

OK, this is what I was thinking.

Thanks guys, OEM it is.  And yes, will keep up with the sync. sync-shop is working as nicely and is one of the greatest mods implemented to date.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 22, 2017, 05:23:06 PM
Like TFC said, the OEMs are getting attention all the time, Asdrael and geo keep tweaking the Geos tyres mod which is on the OEM bikes. I don't think anyone other than demo users use the stock stuff anymore.

fwiw - the OEM bikes won't be changed unless the next Beta introduces new requirements OR a major inconsistency is found in the current bikes (feedback always welcome, even if you think it's minor). Geo Tyres should receive very minor tweaks next Wednesday to readjust their grip a tad higher on soft soil and soil. Unless, once again, complaints and feedback force changes.

So in the OEM / Geo tyre stuff, don't expect anything dramatic anytime soon.

As for what race hosts want to do, up to them. It's easy to allow / forbid bikes using categories or even loading just certain models onto a server. Online activity has been mainly OEM focused lately tho (Southwick clean version + 450 OEM is lulz).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

Personally, I think there is no reason why ALL bikes shouldn't be allowed (minus 96 CR 125) on servers and for a series and let people run whatever they want. If people like to ride the Pib's bikes or 09crf, they can even use them on most servers.

MorganMX124

Ive only rode OEM's because they are OEM with each one being different which is the way it should be. I dont see the need for two different bikes(stocks vs oem) in the game, should just have the OEM's right? Maybe i should start riding the stocks to see how they are i guess.