• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:33:57 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Help the dumb new guy out lol

Started by GOiK727, May 30, 2017, 04:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOiK727

ALright, please bare with me guys. I'm 100% new to PC gaming so im trying to adapt here lol. But to the point, I'm wanting to try giving the GTX Nationals a shot but I dont want to race in basic/ other peoples skins. SO... Ive downloaded (Free version of photoshop and GIMP) now can someone help me out a little more than the links do. There is just something I dont understand lol
-Learning the ropes...-

GOiK727

yeah, I have downloaded everything in the OneStopShop before. I was just trying to make my own skins to run! (I do believe I played earlier with you on the server and you told me to get on the forums!) I could be mistaken, though!
-Learning the ropes...-

GOiK727

Haha hey I get it lol

But honestly,  anything at this point. I'm having trouble finding templates for anything other than just the blank ones from the download page. I did play around with the blank rider gear and made a really boring one haha but I'm just looking for an actual gear (any at this point) so that I can put my name and team on it, same with a bike. Just wanna throw a name and number on a bike lol ktm if I can choose but anything will do!
-Learning the ropes...-

GOiK727

PERFECT!!!! That's just the information I was looking for!!!! Awesome, ill go ahead and give tgis while skinning business a shot!!! Thanks, man!!
-Learning the ropes...-

Ruubs

The bad thing about unpacking the paint is that you don't have any photoshop layers. So if you paint on that, you'll loose shadows etc.

I myself don't like that people can make skins that way. Very easy to make a great model look bad without any shading.

osmeralda

What am i supposed to have on the psd when i save it as a .tga? I get my plastic to look good but everything else is grey from the shading. I've been trying on the 2016 Husky 450 but just can't figure out what im doing wrong.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You want roughly 3 layers to start with. 1 base layer which can be used for colour, next the shading layer using the multiply layer type on about 50% opacity give or take for shading, then you can have a 3rd layer with the wireframe, again using multiply and use this as a reference. You can turn off the wireframe layer before exporting.

You can have as many layers as you want between the base colour and the shading layer.