• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:27 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Suggestions for beta8 and beyond

Started by philiaN, September 17, 2017, 07:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philiaN

So, when it comes to the next betas

Major Problems who needs big improvements

1. Online Stability/Netcode

This comes back to all piboso games and should be the highest priority - again. It would be interesting to know what piboso thinks about the capabilities of the engine. How many players should the engine handle without problems?

2. The difference between the different soils

Currently MXB has soil, soft soil, hardpacked soil, gravel, sand and asphalt. But they all feel identical except asphalt. Oh and dont forget dry and wet conditions. I would love to see how improvements to the soils would effect the throttle/brake control. At this time it feels way to unnatural.. a better grip wouldn't make mxb more arcade-ish, imo it would make it more realistic.

3. Physics improvements

Piboso is working on that - finally, it feels like he hasn't implemented any real improvements or tweaks on that matter since beta 3 - except tyre simulation.

Wishlist

Realistic deformation - So tracks could be made without any premade lines.

Ruts - like we have now

Braking bumps

Ruts/Berms

Cosmetic stuff

1. New Rider Model - in work

2. advanced configure of the styles for the plate numbers and rider jersey (fonts, color, size, shapes to cut the fonts if possible etc.)

So we dont need so many bike and rider skins. just one for each team

Mace-x

that would suck, i like the idea so much but there`s a couple of problems right now with ruts and berms.
the dirt isnt movable so the ruts and berms are like cement, so the dirt doesnt move like it usually would and you end falling because a cement rut trapped your wheel.
and i seriously doubt you can get the wheels on a rut of a tyre size, heck, even triple that size would be so hard, there needs to be a major improvement in physics and some game mechanics/tweaks in order to tacke those ruts and berms down.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Cosmetic stuff 2:

I tried to make a few number / letter sets and couldn't do italic writing due to horizontal tracking.

Pib announced a fix for this in the daily dev, so we will be able to create our own styles and have them actually look good. I will be making some at some point after the next beta, and if others make some that are worth while we could create a big single download pack.

philiaN

Quote from: Mace-x on September 17, 2017, 07:58:15 AM
that would suck, i like the idea so much but there`s a couple of problems right now with ruts and berms.
the dirt isnt movable so the ruts and berms are like cement, so the dirt doesnt move like it usually would and you end falling because a cement rut trapped your wheel.
and i seriously doubt you can get the wheels on a rut of a tyre size, heck, even triple that size would be so hard, there needs to be a major improvement in physics and some game mechanics/tweaks in order to tacke those ruts and berms down.

Sorry i guess those pictures were to misleading :)

I didn't meant the deepness of the ruts, the actual ruts are good enough, not perfect but OK. My idea was more like that the deformation will also create the braking berms. So when you brake the rut will go a littlebit deeper and when you release the brake it will add a little bit. That would simulate the dragging of the dirt ( if that make sense)

Same for the berms: when the bike is leaning it would make the inside deeper and the outside higher

pacopastor34

-Supermoto Rider: In supermoto, riders wear suit and not mx gear.

Nico

So this isnt really the biggest things you could have wished of in this game and there is alot that is more prioritered than this but this is just something small that shouldnt take to much time to make, which I think alot of people would appreciate. The thing I was wondering if you could have is that you can save your outfit so you dont have to find one each time you want to switch. This is something that would make it much easier to switch gear.

Btw love beta 7 man!

Alex

transparent textures/materials would be sweet. not sure if this is already possible but i havent seen anything.

pacopastor34

Quote from: Alex on November 06, 2017, 11:51:37 PM
transparent textures/materials would be sweet. not sure if this is already possible but i havent seen anything.

It's already possible. Just have to make a texture with 30% and very high reflection in te .shd files. That's how we made windshields in GPBikes. In forum.piboso.com you can find very interesting reads.

Alex

:O thats rad cheers for info. just thought it wasnt possible because havent seen a clear goggle lense yet. very cool.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Alex on November 07, 2017, 01:07:15 AM
:O thats rad cheers for info. just thought it wasnt possible because havent seen a clear goggle lense yet. very cool.

I'm pretty sure like I said in another thread, that if an object hasn't been exported with an alpha channel in the texture used when exporting, you won't be able to achieve transparency.

Alex

ok cool and the spec goes in alpha channel of normal right?

GDUBMX

Piboso, can we please get that revised skin menu selection i spoke about the other day, so it becomes a horizontal style list as opposed to the vertical mouse scroll only menu that it is now.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Wedgewood

Would there be any way to enable the ability to switch bikes while at the track on practice mode?  This would help advanced riders with testing as well as new players figuring out which bike works best for them.

Oscar

It seems to me that the front wheel is too weird. In motocross and at decent speed it's not a major problem but at low speeds and in supercross 180ยบ it's like the wheel sticks to the ground and you do 360s and weird things. It is very wonky. I hope Piboso can solve it