Author Topic: Ottobiano Motorsport - WIP  (Read 404 times)

Vortex_Damien

• View Profile
Re: Ottobiano Motorsport - WIP
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »
a tip from with bumps, or how i did them for my track, lower them instead of raise.. and only slighly have them dip.. deform will do alot ;)

giopanda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 02:50:17 PM »
Actually what bothers me the most are those long waves in the sand, can't seem to find the perfect balance between length and height.
As for smaller and breaking bumps i'll just do some to have the track less smooth, but I guess the biggest part will be done with deformation.
But thanks for the tip anyway :)

P. S. Has anyone ever tried adding ambient sounds? Would it be worth to try it?

Sandbiter

• View Profile
    • RK Web development
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »
Actually what bothers me the most are those long waves in the sand, can't seem to find the perfect balance between length and height.
As for smaller and breaking bumps i'll just do some to have the track less smooth, but I guess the biggest part will be done with deformation.
But thanks for the tip anyway :)

P. S. Has anyone ever tried adding ambient sounds? Would it be worth to try it?

I have added ambient sounds on some of my tracks. Archview and Enduro de Heuvelenberg are the ones I think. Having some proper sounds to put on the track will definitely increase the quality of the track, though if you have bad ones it can break it as well. Not saying my sounds were any good either, but it's fun to experiment with.

As for sand waves, have a look at Southwick. Groomed southwick doesn't have a lot of waves, but the original one does. The groomed version forms the long waves via deformation though.

giopanda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 03:01:02 PM »
thanks man, i'll have a look at both the tracks and to some forest/nature sounds to add!

cheers