• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2020, 06:31:40 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta14d available! :)

Dedicated server

Started by PiBoSo, October 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko Mouk

Do the whitelist prevent people to spectate too ? Got to know how to handle streamers.
If you like my work, you can donate on Paypal or you may want to :

PiBoSo

Quote from: Niko Mouk on January 28, 2020, 11:14:35 PMDo the whitelist prevent people to spectate too ? Got to know how to handle streamers.

Yes, at the moment the whitelist and blacklist are checked for spectators, too.

Niko Mouk

The XML result file exported only after race 2 is actually a shame for qualify handling.

Here's the best scenario :
- Divide signed up riders into groups (as the multiplayer is actually laggy with too much people).
- Run servers in practice (not free practice to limit the time) before the event.
- Get the generated XML files for me to parse them, generate groups (A, B, ...) ordered by best time + whitelists. Then start the event.

I already scripted everything but I'm stuck on how to get result files with no races. I don't want to develop something based on the livetiming as we're so close to achieve it with the actual system.

What would be awesome is to add some vars in the ini like :
results_frequency ; 0 = after the whole event, 1 = after each restart (that must work for the practice session)
results_prefix ; Add a custom prefix to the result filename
Please include something like the servername or let us add a prefix for the result files. When your run multiple servers with the same track so you get some result files with the same name. Yeah I know you can output them in different folders but the idea is to take them all like CTRL+A drag'n'drop and boom.

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Niko Mouk

[live]
enable = ; 1 or 2 to enable live timing. If set to 1, data is sent through UDP packets ( more info: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=233.0 ). If set to 2, data is written to a local file
port = ; the UDP port ( only used with "enable = 1" )
password = ;  ( only used with "enable = 1" )
file = ; the name of the file to write  ( only used with "enable = 2" )
track_position = ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the track centerline and the position of all bikes are written, too ( only used with "enable = 2" )

Is it possible to add a full path for the file name so it's output where I want ? like
file = "C:\mylivetimingfile.txt"

teeds

Yes, used this myself last week.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

First post updated to add settings for "incremental" export and the filename prefix of results and replays.

PiBoSo

First post updated to:
- add settings for the automatic reset of the terrain deformation
- add information about the "restart_delay", that is now disabled when set to zero