• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:58:35 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Any Setup Recommendation's for a beginner?

Started by Clintos, December 05, 2017, 01:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clintos

Hey Guys, Will be downloading beta 7 tonight, and will be looking at learning the basics tomorrrow. Any recommendation's for a setup to begin with!
Any information will be helpful, Setup information and mainly some controls aswell.
Training to get better every single day.

Wedgewood

I use a dual shock 4 controller

left stick: Bike Lean L/R
left stick: Rider Lean F/B
Right stick: Rider lean L/R
Right stick: up Throttle
Right stick: down with high deadzone rear brake
L2: clutch
L1: shift up
R2: front brake
R1: Sit/Stand
Right analog click: Shift down
Select: Reset Bike
Start: Start engine
dpad up/down: low speed(walking)
Square:look back
Triangle: tear off

I've been playing for a few years and experimented with lots of different controller setups.  I like this one the best, it seems to give the most bike control and allows you to easily use the front brake while also on the throttle.

I use rider lean at 200% linear to exaggerate the lean(more rider lean with less stick input)
for all other settings I use 100% linear and set front brake gain 125

Direct steer 100% is good if you are very precise with the controller inputs,  if not use something a little lower.  The lower the setting the more the bike will remain in a lean when the controls have been released.

Make sure to turn off Auto Dab in the settings as it will try to counteract certain maneuvers and will dab as you lean on the face of a jump for a whip.

The controls are very sensitive so make sure you set rider and bike lean deadzones or you'll find it very twitchy.