• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:52 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Trouble downloading certain tracks

Started by onthelow, December 14, 2019, 06:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthelow

I have downloaded multiple tracks with no problem, the ones that work show a folder icon before the name in my downloads but the ones I can't use have the internet explorer icon. When i click on them they open a window that says open folder or download, if I click open the same window pops up but if I click download the same thing cycles with the same problem!!! anyone have this problem and know how to fix it??

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

onthelow

I downloaded them all the same way I downloaded the other tracks that worked, so unless someone has had this same problem and figured something out, doing something different with the way I downloaded them wont really change it. One of the tracks that didn't work was VelkyOsek there were some others but i cant think of them off the top of my head.

Steven

Have you unpacked VelkyOsek (for example) or just copied the downloaded file into your track folder?

Yirka63

Quote from: onthelow on December 14, 2019, 07:03:23 PMI downloaded them all the same way I downloaded the other tracks that worked, so unless someone has had this same problem and figured something out, doing something different with the way I downloaded them wont really change it. One of the tracks that didn't work was VelkyOsek there were some others but i cant think of them off the top of my head.

Velký Osek is not .pkz, unzip it and you will get folder. Put that folder into your mods and it will work.

onthelow

when I download most tracks the show a file folder icon and some say they are a PKZ file those ones work but the ones I have a problem with are the ones that show the internet explorer icon and are marked at RAR files these wont load into the game and when I click to open them they open a pop up with the name of that file asking me to either open or save the file if I click either it does the exact same thing! it is really frustrating because no matter what I do it just does the exact same thing and opens the stupid pop up asking me to save it or open the file.

AZDesertRat

December 24, 2019, 03:51:28 PM #6 Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 03:53:29 PM by AZDesertRat
You need to extract the contents of the RAR file you downloaded in order for the game to find/load the track upon initialization.  I would suggest installing 7Zip, it's free and will open/extract any type of compressed file.
7-zip Downloads

Download the track and copy the RAR file to your tracks folder, then right click and choose "Extract Here".  You can then delete the RAR file after the content has been extracted. 

That's it, the track will now be playable in MXB.