• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:15 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Game wont launch with Steam

Started by Factoryphil_13, January 23, 2020, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Factoryphil_13

January 23, 2020, 07:06:30 PM Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:43:29 PM by Factoryphil_13
Just bought and downloaded the game through steam. I select play, it brings up to either play or choose vr, I choose play normal and nothing happen. Can open any other game in steam. Game demo works perfectly fine. I have verified game files, uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and steam, and turned off antivirus and still wont launch. Demo still running great though. Should I just ask for refund on steam and buy license key on website?

teeds

Have you tried launching the game from the mxbikes.exe file in the Steam install folder?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Factoryphil_13

I did. Does the same thing. Shows that its loading and then nothing happens.

teeds

Did it trigger Steam to launch when you ran the .exe at all? Sounds like something on your system is preventing it from launching, try running it as administrator, make sure your AV isn't treating it as something suspect and also try installing it to a different location.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

DuneGoon242

was you able to figure out what was wrong? i havent played the game in awhile reinstalled and also get the launch then stop. i get to play any other game on steam but this one. i also tried without AV, the weird thing is i dont even see the PiBoSo folder.

Vitton

Quote from: Snappe on February 18, 2020, 04:04:20 PMWe've recieved reports that installing OpenAL fixes this problem:

https://www.openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip

hey i dont have the PiBoSo folder in my documents and my game won't start.. what should i do..

PizzaChet

Re-install it and let it make the directories it wants to.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.