• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:31 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Crash on start-SOLVED

Started by BandoRider, August 27, 2020, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandoRider

August 27, 2020, 07:25:36 PM Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 03:43:03 PM by BandoRider
the game is not able to launch properly since this afternoon, yes i reinstalled the game i tried launching it without mods, updated openAL and also tried deleting global.ini. still nothing, all i get is a black screen which last 4 seconds before the game crashes. any help?

BandoRider

oh yeah also my antivirus is off and it isn't blocking any .exe

Magicalfarty

GO to  your Profiles and rename them with .bak at the end

BandoRider

Quote from: Magicalfarty on August 27, 2020, 07:48:26 PMGO to  your Profiles and rename them with .bak at the end

thank you for the reply but it didn't solve the issue

Magicalfarty

BandoRider

Is there ANYBODY having my same issue? i'm trying to discover if it is a pc-related problem or it also happens to other people, i have tried almost everything i'm getting annoyed

teeds

I feel you, it's frustrating. But while I can't say this game doesn't go wrong at all, with sync issues and connection timeouts, when I've had constant crashing it's always been something on my PC that's the problem, usually bad game files but sometimes drivers.

Try this -
Uninstall the game and delete the install folder completely
Rename your Piboso Folder in your documents to something like Piboso-backup
Load the game either via Steam or alternatively try the standalone demo but either way do not load any other files or mods etc
Try the game like that with everything stock and if it still crashes even in testing, i'd be looking for a problem with your PC.

You've got to break it down to find out where the problem lies, but I think it's fair to say the base game does not crash on a good working pc.

Post up how you get on and maybe we can help with more suggestions based on what you find.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

BandoRider

Quote from: teeds on August 29, 2020, 11:44:57 AMI feel you, it's frustrating. But while I can't say this game doesn't go wrong at all, with sync issues and connection timeouts, when I've had constant crashing it's always been something on my PC that's the problem, usually bad game files but sometimes drivers.

Try this -
Uninstall the game and delete the install folder completely
Rename your Piboso Folder in your documents to something like Piboso-backup
Load the game either via Steam or alternatively try the standalone demo but either way do not load any other files or mods etc
Try the game like that with everything stock and if it still crashes even in testing, i'd be looking for a problem with your PC.

You've got to break it down to find out where the problem lies, but I think it's fair to say the base game does not crash on a good working pc.

Post up how you get on and maybe we can help with more suggestions based on what you find.
First of all thank you for your understanding and your time teeds, after following your instructions and after uninstalling the game several times, i noticed there were some reshade files left from previous installations since steam reinstalls the game with all the files that were left there before uninstalling or at least for me it's like this. so i went and downloaded the latest reshade setup for mxbikes and uninstalled every reshade component, apparently the bad files of reshade were causing the game not to launch properly but now the issue is solved thanks everyone now i can finally enjoy the game like i used to.  ;)

teeds

Glad you got it sorted, maybe what you found will help others too.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba