• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:15:06 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Help with textures and starting line

Started by slayrtank, January 24, 2021, 09:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slayrtank

Hello, i am having trouble creating new texters, i can get them into game but they are super glossy and have no texture just the image of the texture i used, also i need help setting a startingline point, no idea how to do this and videos i have found are not helping.
Thank you.

sloofa

I am not sure if I understand your problem - no texture just image of texture :) Can you post a screenshot?

slayrtank

January 26, 2021, 12:59:57 AM #3 Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:08:42 AM by slayrtank
i think i may of figured out the texture issue, didn't know it loaded layers from bottom to top. still have no idea on starting point/gate . nevermind got the texture still super shinny, even with it turned down in shd

sloofa

January 26, 2021, 01:59:08 PM #4 Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 03:42:32 PM by sloofa
Quote from: slayrtank on January 26, 2021, 12:59:57 AMi think i may of figured out the texture issue, didn't know it loaded layers from bottom to top. still have no idea on starting point/gate . nevermind got the texture still super shinny, even with it turned down in shd
even if you delete shd? it looks like your normal map is wrong - you don't have specular in alpha channel

AZDesertRat

Take a look at the maps in the example track for reference.  As Sloofa noted, specular lighting effect is set in the normal map's alpha channel.

slayrtank

not sure what you mean, still new to all this. Ill keep messing around with it

sloofa

Quote from: slayrtank on January 26, 2021, 10:55:29 PMnot sure what you mean, still new to all this. Ill keep messing around with it

http://80.211.198.212/mxbikes/textures.jpg

look at the documentation and example track