• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:46:30 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Game needs forever to start

Started by Olsson32, February 27, 2021, 01:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olsson32

Hi,

I have a problem with the startup of the game. When I start the game via Steam, it really needs approx. 6 minutes to load up the game. When I click on Start in the steam overlay, Steam immediately displays the game as "running", but there is nothing loading or something like that. The game will just start after 6 minutes without any loading icons or screens.

I have installed a bunch of mods, I don't know if those are the reason?

Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe it is just normal with this game?

Maybe someone can give a feedback or even a solution.

Thank you :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I sometimes have this problem first time after starting my pc but never 6 minutes, more like 30 sec to 1 min, but after that first time it will start in a few seconds every time.

QuickMick

As far as I know, more mods will increase the load time. Is the game on a SSD or HDD? I am fortunate enough to have it on a NVME M.2 and still notice a beat of load time so I can only imagine a bunch of mods and a slower drive could take a minute or 6.

If you have an SSD or something though I would investigate, that is a little too long.
Join the Factory Rejects community https://discord.gg/eXGhKHWNUR

Olsson32

Quote from: QuickMick on February 27, 2021, 02:12:20 PMAs far as I know, more mods will increase the load time. Is the game on a SSD or HDD? I am fortunate enough to have it on a NVME M.2 and still notice a beat of load time so I can only imagine a bunch of mods and a slower drive could take a minute or 6.

If you have an SSD or something though I would investigate, that is a little too long.
Thanks, It is installed on an SSD and my PC in general is pretty ok (Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB DDR4 Ram, GTX1080Ti, 2TB SSD)... Maybe I should reinstall the game and remove some of the mods I don't use.

QuickMick

Yeah I would say it is a mod that is causing the hang up. Maybe put a few in at a time after the reinstall to see which is causing it.

I purge my mods/kits I don't wear etc every so often and I think that has helped.
Join the Factory Rejects community https://discord.gg/eXGhKHWNUR

Olsson32

Quote from: QuickMick on February 27, 2021, 04:14:16 PMYeah I would say it is a mod that is causing the hang up. Maybe put a few in at a time after the reinstall to see which is causing it.

I purge my mods/kits I don't wear etc every so often and I think that has helped.
Thank you for the answer, sorry for my late reply... I have removed all mods and unfortunately it doesn't change anything. I just accept to drink a coffee while the game starts :D ... I mean, as soon as it starts, everything is fine. I just started this topic to know if someone else has the same issue and maybe a quick fix.

Thank you for your input :)

turbomelon211

I have the same issue with an almost identical setup. I thought it was a mod issue but haven't gone through with purging my files yet. You say that didn't help though?