• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:03:34 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Wish List for MX Bikes

Started by Motoboss, February 06, 2014, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mx43racing

Heck no I just started playing the mx sim demo Monday and I can still only get a 1:00:00 at phoenix.

DD

Quote from: mx43racing on March 13, 2014, 01:37:22 AM
Heck no I just started playing the mx sim demo Monday and I can still only get a 1:00:00 at phoenix.
He was talking about real life  ::)

If you aren't willing to put the time to enjoy a hard to play game, I doubt you would like any simulator.

mx43racing

well I rode motocross for 7 years straight, and still today I suck. and what does irl mean? because that's what I was thinking he was referring to games. and I never said I wouldn't devote time to an amazing game like this. It's a simulator, it's like real life good practice is the key to a good race.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: mx43racing on March 13, 2014, 01:37:22 AM

I realize you misunderstood me, but damn!! A 1:00 on phoenix 2012 (the sx track that comes with 1.8 demo of mxs) is super fast for somebody playing for a couple days. I didnt have the skills to crack under 1:00 laps until like 3 solid months into playing the game. Either you are the future Ricky Carmichael of MXS, or you were using arcade physics. Im really hoping you were using arcade, because if not, you cleaned me of my confidence.

mx43racing

March 13, 2014, 07:05:41 AM #124 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:08:16 AM by mx43racing
No no arcade physics, im good at finding the lines and getting a section down, the issue is my consistency, I did that time yesterday but now I'm just working on consistency and I'm getting about 1:10's everytime I stay clean, not taking too many risks. I'm humbled by your response, because I honestly think that I still suck because I can't keep it together, I keep watching how to's to sharpen some skills though.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: mx43racing on March 13, 2014, 07:05:41 AM
No no arcade physics, im good at finding the lines and getting a section down, the issue is my consistency, I did that time yesterday but now I'm just working on consistency and I'm getting about 1:10's everytime I stay clean, not taking too many risks. I'm humbled by your response, because I honestly think that I still suck because I can't keep it together, I keep watching how to's to sharpen some skills though.

Ahh see, I can run 58's consistant on that track, but if i push it i can get under a 55. Then again ive been playing more than a year.

Staying on topic:
There is a problem in mxs, when you try and connect to a server but you dont have the track (once custom tracks are released) it says "missing track _____" blah blah but it always says the track folder name instead, not the track in-game name. This makes it hard to search for the track online. Or if there was a feature to just instantly be directed to the track download would be insanely awesome!

mx43racing

Very true I had similar issues in Rigs of Rods (a soft body physics game) and I'm pretty sure either at there page it could give you a link or in game it would and it was extremely usesfull.

onlyonetone

Quote from: Arvoss on February 06, 2014, 11:36:35 PM
Quote from: AWood on February 06, 2014, 11:32:28 PM
I just hope the controls are different than GP Bikes, in that game i run out of buttons with only half the stuff assigned. My clutch needs to be on something analog so i can let it out while im on the gas also analog, when i shift or else you stall. so unless i run autoclutch i cant shift into 1st. theres only 2 analog triggers on a 360 controller, gas, and one brake, so i have to run my clutch, and shifting on a button because the 2 analog sticks are taken by bike and rider lean, i think thats a major flaw, how else am i going to shift? or when i want to say use my rear brake its all or nothing.

I do everything manual exept rider lean and I use a PS3 controller.
My controls:
Throttle: R2
Front brake: L2
Rear brake: L1
Shift up: X
Shift down: Square
Look back: Triangle
Left right: left analogic stick
Clutch: right analogic stick up

I have a somewhat same setup Except I click in the sticks for shifting.

MotoRogers499

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but from the looks of the videos, it seems the rider drags his leg. It just kinda hangs down. I think it would be cool if the leg angle could be determined by how far down you are leaning the bike. The steeper lean angle means the leg will be held higher.

Maybe this is already added and I just haven't noticed because we havent seen any serious ruts and lean angles etc yet.

Just a thought.

kastermansss

would be sick if we could pop some arm swag or leg swag,,,! :D

no seriously, like legs off in the air to stretch it out.. that would be sick

onlyonetone

Quote from: kastermansss on April 09, 2014, 08:01:34 PM
would be sick if we could pop some arm swag or leg swag,,,! :D

no seriously, like legs off in the air to stretch it out.. that would be sick

That wouldn't be too hard to implement but it comes down to how many buttons we have.