• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:36:25 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rolling in neutral

Started by HankMacAtee, April 27, 2021, 04:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HankMacAtee

Was wondering if there is or if it would be possible to implement an option for free rolling wheels in neutral gear or with the clutch pulled in. Right now the bike stops even on the steepest downhill in neutral as if I had the brake engaged. Would be helpful on some of the more technical enduros as you wouldn't have to hit the gas to move on downhills and could just roll like in real life. Thanks

PizzaChet

I've always taken issue with this. Why won't it freely roll with the clutch pulled in or in neutral? Once you're going you can coast, but that's it.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Didn't realise it did this. Is that even with brake help off?

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

HankMacAtee

Yeah that's with all assists turned off. I noticed when trying to do a rolling bump start like in real life by popping the clutch on a hill after killing the bike and it would just sit still. And then on Krakenberg after falling off and resetting on a hill tried to just roll in neutral to get started but same thing. Minor thing but would be cool.

HankMacAtee

After playing a bit in 3rd person, I think it has to do with the rider putting his foot down automatically when stopped or in neutral. Seems you have to put it in gear and drive a bit for him to take his right foot off the ground.