• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:28:57 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

1st Look Sneak Peek..........plus a question

Started by Heatwave_AZ, July 17, 2021, 12:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heatwave_AZ

July 17, 2021, 12:21:59 AM Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:46:05 PM by Heatwave_AZ
So my buddy Desert Rat and I are working on a track together (no real name for it yet) and the actual track is almost to the point where all the terrain work is finished, just a handful of small details remain. It is based off a real track but we've HEAVILY modified it. Rides really nice, a good amount of fun stuff to scrub/whip, some technical stuff, we think it's pretty well rounded and will offer something for all levels of riders.

I do have a question though, I can't really seem to get the materials dialed in and would like to hear some suggestions if possible. This is going to be a desert track, but not sand, it's hard pack. We both like how Locket rides in terms of track deformation staying at a minimum, but we want the overall ride just a tad less bumpy than that track. I guess Farm14 would be the same in terms of track deformation. We don't want a ton of deformation, just a little bit. Can anybody give me some ideas on how many material layers and the values used for them to achieve this? I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

FYI, this pic is just the 1st sneak peek. None of the textures are really finalized, we only are just trying to get our color tones down right now. No real track masking or anything like that has been done or any objects. Still a ways to go, hopefully we're looking at having something for some serious testing here in a few weeks.

Imlaazy

fridgedollar

Quote from: Heatwave_AZ on July 17, 2021, 12:21:59 AMFYI, this pic is just the 1st sneak peek

not seeing a pic in the post, just me?

Heatwave_AZ

AZDesertRat

Told ya buddy, never make posts when ur drinking, lol.  Surface type dictates how fast a layer will erode. Soft Soil erodes quickly where as Compact Soil erodes much slower.  Combine type with thickness and u have a good amount of control over how the track surface will erode in terms of rate and depth. This is documented by Piboso in the official documentation. Surface_Layers