• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:01:27 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

80's/90's/early 2000's bike mods

Started by CRM89, May 16, 2022, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRM89

Doesn't matter if it's a 125, 250 or whatever or manufacturer, I'm just looking for mods that adds old bikes.
I saw an old thread where someone had a 1996 KX 125 I think but the link was dead, sadly.

So yeah, if you've got 'em, post 'em here!

QuentinR926

I got the 96 model to work, download the link and replace a bike like a model swap. I did the fantics, those work best.

QuentinR926

https://mega.nz/file/vZFFQQII#xYH0d7W23y4k0vXelJ2pFupJ74N0CiAT4QrCMKCW9pQ that's the link that worked for me, i ran some virus scans after installing and nothing. so you should be good to go bud! love those bikes i have both 96 and 97 irl.

QuentinR926

update: make sure its a fantic bike you replace, otherwise its not going to work.

CRM89

Quote from: QuentinR926 on May 19, 2022, 01:15:48 AMhttps://mega.nz/file/vZFFQQII#xYH0d7W23y4k0vXelJ2pFupJ74N0CiAT4QrCMKCW9pQ that's the link that worked for me, i ran some virus scans after installing and nothing. so you should be good to go bud! love those bikes i have both 96 and 97 irl.

Cheers man! Appreciate it. :)

CRM89

I tried out the model you linked me, I made sure to replace the Fantic (tried both 125 & 250) and the hands are a bit messed up. Anyone else having the same problem? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, the mod is still awesome.

Destructionater

June 10, 2022, 03:09:54 AM #6 Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:12:08 AM by Destructionater
Hey, uh MX Bikes modding idiot here but how do I apply the model to the Fantic? I put the folder in the Fantic 250 MX1 Oem folder and nothing happened. EDIT: Never mind, I did a stupid

charl49

I have a 20-year-old Technisport winter training bike, with 531st tubeset, which I use for commuting.
I have managed to upgrade and repair it, quite cheaply by buying end-of-line sale stuffor eBay bargains.
I managed to fit new wheels, though you need to spread 120mm rear dropouts to accommodate a newer 130mm axle, it works. I used a new 13-28 rear cassette to give me a bit mre range,as my campaign mech already had a longer cage,this worked.
The biggest problem I have had is finding decent down tube shifters.,as STIs are too expensive to warrant the investment, on an old bike.

I like to have these a good set of brakes, Besides, you'd end up needing a modern pair of machined rims to assist with braking in the wet.
SKS Raceblade rear mudguard to help reduce the muck quotient - which could then be reused for winter group riding/training.
Lights and reflectors?
Rottweiler to attach to said bike when it's unattended!