• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:53:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Custom Shaders

Started by JamieT, September 29, 2022, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieT

Hi,

This post is mainly directed at Piboso, but I would definitely like to hear what other people think.

I was wondering if custom (user-made) shaders have ever been considered for this game?  I'm not talking about SHD files, but the actual vertex and fragment shaders of OpenGL, and allowing them to be written by content creators.

I think that a well written shader would significantly increase the visual appeal of this game, and allow creators to have a lot more freedom with the visual style of their content.  I am thinking of things such as ambient occlusion maps, emissive maps, and pretty much anything else you can imagine.

Shaders are super powerful when it comes to the visuals of any game.  I think that opening up this side of the game to the community would lead to a much better looking game in the long run, whilst off loading some of the "work" or "stress" involved in improving the graphics of this game.  Which I'm SURE has been requested before.  Probably something along the lines of "Use UNREAL ENGINE, and graphics will be way better!!"   :)  How about instead of that, any improvement in graphics can be written in shaders by people who know how to do it.  ;)