• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:35:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Coleford MX ++ (First Track Warning!)

Started by HEW177, August 11, 2023, 07:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEW177

cmx1.jpg
cmx2.jpg
cmx3.jpg
cmx4.jpg

This is my first attempt at building a track in MX Bikes (should I even bother to "release" this ?!) and I chose to attempt to re-create a local / (sometimes) race track near the England / Wales border..

I say attempt because I soon realised that a replica track for a first track was probably not the greatest idea.. it's all on the side of a bank so learning L3DT, Blender, Gimp, Tangram (enough to produce this anyway) was probably more challenging.

Anyway.. it was fun in a long, gruelling moto type of way!!

Why the ++ - I Imported the height map and found out that it wasn't great for MXB so I kept the heightmap and layout but I over-scaled it to approx. 125% and added a few jumps to the track (Finish jump, the small jump after that, the table-top and the step up) as well as some bumps and ruts and breaking / acceleration bumps to try and make some line variance as the track was a bit narrow and dull - It is still only meant to be a local style track with small berms and safe jumps - no real big whip jumps etc. so this track is probably more suited to newer players or new to intermediate level players.

The track seems to get better after some erode - I have been running between 1-1.4 for testing.. it helps and hurts in different parts of the track which will hopefully lead to different lines being used.

I apologise for the lack of quality in this track and hope to use all that I have learned to make a better one next time (probably a non replica!).

Many thanks to Piboso for a game I really enjoy (A.I. and race series would make it the best MX game IMO as I dont know anyone else with the game..)
Many thanks to TFC and his amazing YouTube series which I have spent many hours watching but has saved me many more!!
Many thanks to Resolute Kraken and his Track Tools and Videos - making the whole process much easier.
Also thanks to peoples Objects that they have posted in the Forums..
I think that's it? Thank you if you see something of yours that I have used..

Any suggestions or critiques welcome.. I will attempt to make my ruts and berms better and find some more objects, materials and general scenery items for the next one!

Track Link on Mediafire:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hs2j1f5pt295q76/Coleford.pkz/file

Hopefully someone will enjoy a few laps - if not I apologise for wasting your time!

HEW177